We're looking for a Senior Manager, Renewable Energy Investments to join us in Hammersmith.
The Senior Manager, Renewable Energy Investments will be part of the PFFE team (Property, Facilities, Fleet and Energy) working as part of our developing Energyco, a new business venture which will take Liberty Global's Operating Companies into the renewable energy sector. Energyco represents a fast-moving, complex challenge with signification exposure across the Group and external JV partner companies. As part of a small but growing team, this role will be responsible for leading engagement with internal and external stakeholders in the renewable sector. The Senior Manager, Renewable Energy Investments will play a significant part in delivery of the business plan, taking the lead in a series of project bids and negotiations.What will you be doing?
- Work on renewable project bids, acting as an interface between our external partner(s), Liberty Global and its OpCos
- Accurate business modelling of renewable assets based on market information and internal models
- Maintain and develop financial models and other tools
- Work on bids and subsequent negotiation for procurement of new Wind and Solar renewable assets
- Coordinating of internal functions including Legal, Tax and Treasury
- Identifying issues and lead a learn/change/improve cycle based on our experience of multiple project bid cycles
We tend to look for people with:
What's in it for you?
- Investment modelling of commercial debt/equity funded transactions (essential)
- Deal transaction in energy (essential)
- Commercial contract negotiation
- Engagement with and commitment to ongoing learning about the evolving energy markets across Europe
- Project management and team development skills, supporting anticipated ramp-up in team scope and ability to support on the job learning
- Demonstrable training and experience in Excel modelling, also PowerPoint development and presentation
- Experience of corporate Strategy, M&A or associated roles is advantageous
- A career qualification in Finance is advantageous, such as CIMA, ACA or CTA
Competitive salary + Bonus
25 days annual leave with the option to purchase 5 more
Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Calm app, personal medical, critical illness cover and dental insurance
Matched pension contribution up to 10%
Access to our car benefit scheme
Access to our online learning platform to continue to develop and grow your career with usWho we are:
We're building Tomorrow's Connections Today, bringing people together through the power of our technology.
Liberty Global is a world leader in converged broadband, video and mobile communications and an active investor in cutting-edge infrastructure, content and technology ventures.
With our investments in fibre-based and 5G networks we play a vital role in society, currently providing over 85 million fixed and mobile connections and rolling out the next generation of products and services, while readying our networks for 10 Gbps and beyond.
We're creating national champions, combining the best broadband and mobile networks under brands such as Virgin Media-02 in the UK, VodafoneZiggo in The Netherlands, Telenet in Belgium, Sunrise in Switzerland, Virgin Media in Ireland and UPC in Slovakia.
Liberty Global Ventures, our global investment arm, has a portfolio of more than 75 companies and funds across content, technology and infrastructure, including strategic stakes in ITV, Univision, Plume, Lionsgate and the Formula E racing series.
Our scale enables us to transfer knowledge and expertise across our operations and investments, creating a dynamic family of brands united in the pursuit of innovation and excellence.
And we're prioritising diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and communities, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are using technology as a force for good; for our people, our partners and the planet.
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. We're 100% committed to having a workforce that represents every part of our society. So we're keen to hear from candidates of all background and circumstances.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check, which will be performed by a 3rd party provider (Sterling), on behalf of Liberty Global. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, qualifications, contract information, right to work, and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.
You can read more about how we process your data here Privacy & Security Policy - Liberty Global, and If you wish to exercise your privacy rights please contact: Peopleservices@Libertyglobal.com