Capital Regulatory Reporting Senior Manager
- Contract: 6 months + extension (inside IR35)
- Location: London, UK
- Flexi: Hybrid (2 days per week)
The Financial Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the production, control and delivery of the Group's key prudential supervisory reporting and disclosure for Capital, Liquidity, Large Exposures and Leverage, including: COREP (Own Funds, LCR, LE, NSFR, Leverage), Pillar 3 and PRA 110. The team is based in London and supported by teams in India, Poland and Singapore. The team also plays a key support and liaison role for country reg teams, global functions (such as Risk, Compliance and Treasury), Investor Relations and is a key contact for the Bank of England. The team also acts as a centre of subject matter expertise in solvency and liquidity regulations for the business, change functions and Financial Planning and Analytics, advising senior management and supporting external stakeholders.
The FRR reporting activities are split between Group Liquidity Reporting (GLR) and Group Capital Regulatory Reporting (GCRR). A combined new product approval team covers both sides of reporting, Liquidity and Capital.
The role of Senior Manager, Capital Regulatory Reporting New Product Approval
is a key leadership role the capital side of the team. This will include remote leadership of the existing offshore support team in India, supporting Group Capital Regulatory Reporting approval.Key Competencies
- External reporting (Development of innovative solutions to complex problems, Management of multiple complex deliverables, identification of priorities)
- Risk &Controls (Drive functional change across regulatory reporting policy and processes)
- Regulatory & Compliance (Basel, UK and EU Regulatory Rules, Provide guidance to the business on the regulatory impact of new products and changes to existing products)
- Financial Markets Product expertise
5+ years regulatory reporting, regulatory policy and/or new product approval or business management experience in major UK banks. Key responsibilities include:
- Review of new products and renewals, across Financial Markets (FM) and all other Bank's businesses
- Review of booking model amendments proposed
- Review of significant complex structured transactions
- Review of new payoffs
On each proposal, the team will:
- Establish and understand technical regulatory capital treatment, with Regulatory Policy as needed
- Establish how the Desk proposed booking model achieves required outcomes and agree any changes needed
- Establish whether manual adjustments or similar required, with consideration of ultimate strategic solution needed, risk acceptance or ongoing portfolio size monitoring as required
- Assess impact of proposal on the Bank's metrics and ensure Desk are aware if detrimental in scarce resources or costs, and advise the Desk on any economic product changes which could provide more beneficial regulatory liquidity/capital treatment
As a senior member of the capital side of the team, responsibilities include ensuring the review portfolio is on track with issues highlighted early to Finance management and the Desk, and providing regular communication to the wider reporting teams on pipeline and expected impact on metrics.
The role will be a key face-off for the business, in particular FM, acting as liaison between the "business as usual" reporting teams and the front office, on all new products.
The role will also involve establishing process and control improvements within the relatively new set-up, and deliver those improvements. There may also be participation in ad-hoc project or investigatory work as and when required.Strategy
Develop and drive the strategy for the team that fits in with the overall regulatory change landscape and aligns to targets under the operational risk framework.
Driving a team with multiple, diverse and senior stakeholders, obtaining buy in where necessary and effecting improvements to existing policy and processes.Business
In depth understanding of the Group's businesses and products and how they impact regulatory metrics, reporting and associated controls.
Expertise in relation to the regulatory liquidity calculations, including current and future rules and regulations and how they apply to the Bank.
Financial Markets product expertise, experience of assessing new products for regulatory reporting requirements.
Expertise in systems and processes used to generate regulatory metrics, particularly with experience in change projects focused process enhancementsProcesses
Responsible for the strategy, execution and delivery of assurance with regards to data sourcing, calculations and reporting of regulatory metrics that are generated within the Global Financial Regulatory Reporting team. This includes prioritisation and delegation of activities to team members and liaising with stakeholders in COE, Global Risk functions, ITO and other teams as required, alongside the performance of assurance activities.
Responsible for providing business advisory for new and existing products.People and Talent
Lead a team (direct and/or matrix) of highly skilled individuals through example to build the appropriate culture and values, focussing on engagement and retention.
Set objectives for direct reports and provide regular feedback with regards to those objectives and ensure the team benefits from ongoing training and development in relation to their roles.
Responsibility to review team structure in relation to the relevant objectives.Risk Management
Influence change in relation to the control strategy for the production of regulatory metrics in Financial Regulatory Reporting.
Identify control gaps in the end-to-end regulatory reporting process within Finance.
Assist in designing or amending suitable controls across the suite of regulatory metrics reported by Financial Regulatory Reporting.Governance
Responsible for design of governance around new product approval within liquidity regulatory reporting, utilising the data quality forum where needed, monitoring, implementation and review of controls and issues that arise from the review activities conducted by the new product approval team.Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the New Product Approval team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Liaise with senior stakeholders in, Businesses, Regulatory Policy, COE, Treasury, Group Financial Reporting, Group Risk Functions, Country functions, Finance Change.Other Responsibilities
Act as delegate for new product approver for Financial Regulatory Reporting.Thank you for considering us!