Overview Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. Responsibilities:
- Performs in-depth analysis of reconciliations, deciphering highly complex exceptions between systems, clients, institutions, etc. for securities, cash and/or derivatives; process client accounts. In some areas of the organization, serves as a team supervisor for the day-to-day operations.
- Deciphers complex exceptions, performing root-cause analysis on why exceptions exist. Analyzes trends, enters reconciliation data and ensures proper aging. Reviews work completed by junior support staff. Serves as initial escalation for more junior staff. May assign work to team and monitor completion and quality.
- Communicates complex break reports to either internal groups within the firm or correspondents outside the firm. Monitors resolution. May assist more junior teammates with difficult exceptions.
- Assists in analyzing operational needs and provides input for project requests to solve the identified need. Assigned to complex systems, clients or institutions.
- Assists in daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting. Assists with regulatory reporting.
- Participates in testing of new technology solutions or enhancements ensuring that reconciliation processes remain intact.
- Interacts with those at a senior level in other groups to address issues or improvements.
- In most areas, no formal direct reports but often provides guidance to less experienced staff. May supervise a small to medium sized reconciliation team. May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Impact related to own work, supports and contributes to the achievement of team objectives. In some areas, impact is through direct accountability for the timeliness and quality of assigned team's work.
Our offer for you:
- High School/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred; experience in brokerage/banking operations preferred.
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth, and professional development
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private medical care
- Pension scheme
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.