PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Overview
PIMCO is seeking a London based portfolio manager for its liquid alternatives platform. The individual will be responsible for formulating and constructing investment strategies in liquid European government bond, interest rates, and derivatives markets. The candidate must have functional competency in all the rates-related linear and derivative products. This candidate is expected to originate, manage and execute upon bottom-up investment strategies and to manage and build strong working relationships with sell-side strategists and traders, as well as PIMCO colleagues outside the liquid alternatives business. Key Responsibilities:
- Combine market knowledge with macroeconomic and quantitative analysis to generate multi-asset investment ideas in liquid European rates space.
- Primary focus will be on European government bonds, interest rates and derivatives, with the opportunity to develop into a broader focus across DM and EM.
- Focus will be on constructing bottom-up rates/derivatives Relative Value expressions, although there will also be the opportunity to contribute to the macro views of the team.
- Provide market color and insight to other portfolio managers.
- Execute trades for other portfolio managers within the liquid alternatives business as and when required
- There will be an opportunity for the right individual to manage an independent allocation of risk capital within the liquid alternatives business. However, the individual will also be expected to contribute to the wider team's portfolio and process.
- Apply broad range of skills to ad hoc requests within the broad portfolio management context, assisting across functional areas.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution demonstrating strong academic credentials.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in managing European government bonds, interest rates and derivatives-focused portfolios at a prominent buy-side or sell-side institution.
- Strong quantitative experience with developing, modifying, and using empirical investment models to analyze, compare, and contrast a diversity of market data and economic variables.
Other Personal Characteristics
- A commonsensical approach to investing.
- Intellectual flexibility in incorporating new information into a multi-asset investment framework.
- Highly quantitative approach to developing trade ideas.
- Astute ability to respect, listen to, and collaborate well with colleagues and clients.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to succeed in a high intensity environment.
- Low ego, good sense of humor, emotional maturity, and humility to accept developmental feedback.
- Strength of conviction without stubbornness.
- Ability to remain calm and objective regardless of market volatility.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.