About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This is an office-based position and for the effective performance of this role, the duties and responsibilities must be carried out onsite.
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time), the Sr. Personal Banker will be responsible for delivering an exceptional client service experience while servicing clients with a full range of banking products and services.
Responsible for executing and/or submitting various administrative and operational activities related to clients, banking products and services. Interacts with clients in person, via telephone and Email, responding to inquiries and providing information as requested. Primary activities include, but are not limited to, establishing and/or submitting requests for opening, maintaining and servicing client accounts, executing money movement, preparing and producing client materials and reports, resolving client inquiries, as well as maintaining complete and accurate recordkeeping. Provide maintenance and holistic advice on assigned relationships by cross selling and identifying client needs.
Of critical importance is their adherence to the required banking guidelines, procedures and policies involved with requested activities. Additionally, the Sr. Personal Banker is expected to serve as a mentor to fellow Personal Bankers and to strive to help evolve the processes, procedures and operating environment of their Wealth Management team.
1. Understanding the business model and engaging appropriate business unit subject matter experts to explore potential opportunities with the client. Provides maintenance and holistic advice on assigned relationships by cross selling and identifying client needs.
2. Executes and/or submits client account servicing activities within appropriate time frames, including but not limited to the processing of wires and fund transfers, opening and closing accounts, maintenance of accurate and complete account records, imaging of documents, and researching of client issues.
3. Proactively communicates with relationship management and NCSS teams as appropriate to obtain necessary information to properly execute the requested activity.
4. Handles paying and receiving activities, including cash transactions and daily balancing activities. Fully understands and adheres to all WM Lobby Banking Operations policies and procedures as documented on the WM Intranet.
5. Assist with maintenance and servicing of Safe Deposit Boxes in offices where available.
6. Demonstrates expertise in the setting up all types of client accounts and services. Reviews documentation for completeness and follows through to avoid documentation deficiencies relating to deposit accounts.
7. Maintains a strong understanding of policies and procedures and addresses the requirements of each activity in a timely fashion and in strict adherence with Northern Trust and Wealth Management Risk Management and Compliance guidelines and procedures, promptly escalating any issues and/or concerns to management.
8. Maintains a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to client and account servicing, including on-line tools, and seeks to expand knowledge of the latest enhancements to Northern Trust partner and client technology and/or systems in order to maintain highest standards of servicing.
9. Keeps informed of all new products and services to respond to client questions and to assist in selling services which results in expanding the overall client relationship.
10. Monitors banking reports as well as provides assistance with banking audits as directed by the Team Leader / Manager.
11. Serves as a mentor to fellow Personal Bankers, offering guidance, encouragement and direction as needed.
12. Is called upon to share expertise in the deposit area of the bank and trains others as designated by the Team Leader/Manager.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• 3-5 years of related experience.
• Knowledge of banking operations, products and services, acquired through related work experience is preferred. Knowledge of federal regulations and banking guidelines, usually acquired through related work experience or formal training.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests, as well as to manage conflicting priorities and workflow.
• Ability to think critically and to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.