About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Northern Trust's Foundation and Institutional Advisors (FIA) Senior Portfolio Manager manages client relationship teams, oversees the investment programs and brings subject matter experts into client conversations when needed for discretionary Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) with portfolios of $10-$500 million. The FIA practice's client base includes a mix of foundations, endowments, healthcare firms and associations. The client base includes community, public and private philanthropic, as well as private businesses enterprises.
- Guide client investment committees in the development of long term investment strategies, appropriate portfolio construction, and continuously monitor client portfolios.
- Lead client meetings with investment committees, boards and CFOs. Review portfolio performance and compare them with objectives. Provide market analysis, review long-term strategy and discuss Northern Trust's market outlook.
- Ensure client satisfaction by coordinating team resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client needs/concerns to other Northern Trust partners.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with clients and proactively develop solutions to exceed client requirements.
- Work closely with internal partners (equity and fixed income research, trading and performance analysts) to make develop custom investment strategies and respond to client needs.
- Senior Portfolio Managers play a leading role in growing the practice by assisting with RFP responses and participating in finals presentations.
- Knowledge of investment and portfolio management theory, accounting and financial principals and investment strategies.
- Candidates should have 7+years or more of investment management experience with client facing responsibilities.
- Familiarity with current investment concepts, asset allocation analysis and portfolio construction is strongly preferred as is CFA or CIMA and MBA.
- Strong consultative approach to client service a must.
- Existing foundation, endowment or pension marketplace experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of success in business development is desired.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Reasonable accommodation: Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.