PGIM Fixed Income " Global Trade Services Product Support Based in London
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. ( NYSE: PRU
). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world's 10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm's ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality. Our Business:
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. With 950 employees and $946bn assets under management, the company has offices in Newark, London, Letterkenny, Amsterdam, Munich, Zurich, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Our business climate is a safe inclusive environment, centered on mutual respect, intellectual honesty, transparency and teamwork. Our leaders are focused on talent & culture, dedicated to fostering growth and development at all levels to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow. Our Role:
The primary responsibilities of the role is to provide trade floor operational support to the PGIM Fixed Income business across Corporate, High Yield, Emerging Market, FX and Global Rates Mandates. This includes acting as the primary liaison and communication conduit between the portfolio management team, operations and wider internal business partners. The individual in this role needs to be knowledgeable in operational support requirements and fixed income products.
Functions include cash projections, pre-matching and confirmation of trades, ensuring delivery of trade information to custodian banks, broker/dealers and other downstream areas, communicating with brokers to resolve issues and improve service levels, and providing accurate and timely reports to trading desk on a daily basis. The function liaises with the U.S. operations teams, as well as brokers, custodians, trustees and administrators. Your Impact:
Your Required Skills:
- Facilitating trade flow processes and ensuring trades are entered timely and accurately
- Serving as primary liaison between the portfolio management and operations teams
- Providing timely resolution to operational issues raised by the portfolio management team
- Actively researching/resolving trade discrepancies with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring and/or creating daily reports
- Performing daily control checks to ensure trade activity has been accurately captured
- Gathering and analyzing data to assist with key metric reporting
- Help develop and maintain departmental policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect operational support and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved
- Communicating operational support changes and initiatives to all impacted areas of PGIM
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes
- Thoughtfully assess and manage risk. Identify trends/reoccurrences and implement practical solutions to mitigate control weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Leverage operational knowledge to increase efficiency surrounding trade room activities.
- Assist with projects and supply technical expertise.
- 3-5 years Fixed Income experience
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income's investment products (Bonds, FX), strategies, trading systems, and operational support requirements
- Understanding of the trade life cycles from execution to settlement
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Works well as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
- Willingness and ability to learn and train others.
- Knowledge of Aladdin, CTM, MarkitWire, Tradeweb, Bloomberg, Neovest would be advantageous
- Good understanding of Microsoft suite
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don't just accept difference-we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
-Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services, some of which may not be available in your area.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.