The Role Responsibilities Key responsibilities
Standard Chartered has announced ambitious targets to reach net-zero carbon emissions from its financed activity by 2050, including interim 2030 targets for the most carbon-intensive sectors. The Bank has also announced plans to mobilise USD300 billion in green and transition finance by 2030.
We are seeking an individual passionate about Sustainability data & technology with business analysis, data technology and project management experience to drive our Sustainable Finance and Net Zero agenda via data enablement. The individual will help to manage business requirements and partner with technology teams to ensure delivery of business outcomes. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with experience in business analysis, technology consulting & delivery and data analysis to contribute to the bank's sustainability agenda and also deepen their sustainability domain knowledge. Business Business and data analysis
- Develop and manage sustainability data use cases to drive return on tangible equity
- Prepare any use case material and run workshops to confirm business requirement
- Lead agile delivery as business requirement owner to raise and elaborate requirement to technology team and co-create solution
- Set quality standard and review delivery output to ensure delivery of business objectives and benefits
- Hands on data analysis and verification of data solution during UAT to propose for business owner approval
- Manage stakeholders and provide demo & training as needed to roll out data solution
- Collect user feedbacks and support use case prioritisation
- Sustainability data vendor management with oversight on existing data contracts and budgets to propose improvement
- Coordinate and support evaluation of sustainability data vendor and provider with respective SMEs to drive data vendor decision aligning to sustainability data vendor management process.
- Oversee the end-to-end lifecycle of data initiatives from requirement to commercialisation
- Manage and track data initiative milestones to ensure smooth delivery
- Escalate and resolve impediment to ensure data delivery
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and technology team to ensure delivery of business benefits
- Manage delivery budget and resources to improve efficiency
- Set up necessary business governance process for any manual data process with an view to replace it with target automated solution
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Lead cross-functional teams through evaluation and delivery of data use cases
- Secure and align appropriate internal resources in close collaboration with Technology, Operations, and relevant business/product stakeholders
- Manage internal and external partners timelines for build and integration
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Sustainable finance enablement team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Chief Sustainability Office Team
- CCIB Digital Channels and Data Analytics (DCDA)
- CCIB Client Coverage Team
- CCIB Business Development Team
- Group & CCIB Data Governance Team
- Group Architect & ESG domain architect
- Product and Functional Partners
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis, project and product design and delivery, data analysis and solution management
- Excellent business analysis, requirement documentation and problem-solving skills
- Track record in delivering complex project, managing timeline and budget
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand business needs, translate into data use cases, and develop business cases and manage technology delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and driving results
- Good writing and communication skills, and experience with project management
- Prefer to have banking experience and product knowledge
- Good to have experience in data modelling, data visualisation tools like Tableau, MS Strategy etc
- Good to have exposure (not a must) in Sustainability and ESG technology
About Standard Chartered
- Project management
- Business analyst
- Data analysis
- Product Owner
- Vendor management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers