Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Product Manager - Tax Services, Asset Owner & Managers Sector. Principal Responsibilities
Role Purpose :
The Tax Product role will form a part of the product management and control function in Tax Product. The function has the responsibility for defining the scope of the product development in support of the Tax Product strategy, the definition of the tax product proposition and the design and maintenance of the associated business operating models. The role has an Asia Pacific focus as well as a global dimension, supporting colleagues responsible for various other functions, including new business acquisition and service delivery. Working closely with colleagues across Custody, Fund Services, Securities Lending and Digital & Data, the job-holder will ensure that strategic change initiatives and tactical enhancements to the product are delivered to meet the evolving needs of the business, to time and on budget.
Product Management & Operating Model
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert, representing custody & funds tax services with colleagues and clients
- Stay abreast of tax regulation changes and developments regionally and globally based on self-driven research and insights from local industry tax forums which in turn impact current product offerings or create new or enhanced product offerings
- Collaborate with wider Tax Product teams globally to ensure consistency in product offerings and roadmap within the global tax reporting model
- Identify new and enhanced regional/global product opportunities, providing input to market/product strategy initiatives
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and communication of the tax product roadmap and upcoming changes to tax services with stakeholders. This will involve taking input from Clients, Market, Competitor Analysis, Sales & Client Management, Digital & Data, Operations, Tax Risk Stewards and other relevant stakeholders
- Secure funding for Tax Product roadmap and drive/sponsor viable product developments to delivery
- Bring a data & digital lens to tax product development and enhancements, and actively seek to delight our clients in the tax offering provided
- Routinely work in close collaboration with Custody, Transfer Agency, Securities Lending, Digital & Data, Fund Accounting and Trustee & Change Management colleagues to deliver pipeline of tax product
- Routinely work in close collaboration with Client Change and Strategic Execution teams to support the tax elements of these deliveries
- Using a variety of channels (events, webinars, social media 1:1 client engagements etc.), provide high impact insights on opportunities and challenges of regional & global tax change with clients, prospects, advisers, consultants, etc.
- Maintain an awareness of market and competitor developments and position and differentiate the Tax Product offering relative to competition
- Own the tax product end to end working across functions and teams to ensure an efficient, robust and scalable product which fully meets client needs
- Participate as key stakeholder and sponsor to tactical and strategic change programmes, ensuring requirements are accurately captured and solutions are effective in improving Tax Product client experience, scalability, controls & profitability
- Manage the product change control process for tax product, including preparation of business cases and feasibility studies and prioritization of change requests
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the securities market and associated market infrastructure globally
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the custody industry
- Tax qualification with experience in a similar role at a Securities Service Provider and / or a Big 4/Top 10 Firm
- Demonstrates a solid grasp of the production and audit process supporting the product
- Strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content
- Digitally focused and able to conceptualise and develop tax product solutions which are delivered digitally
- Energetic, results focused, change agent, with a strong work ethic
- Personal qualities of stability, maturity, kindness and leadership
- Team player and people motivator
- First class interpersonal, collaborative, relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with strong presentation skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement , which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.