BloombergNEF (BNEF) is the world's leading strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings, and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. Our analysis, models, and world's most comprehensive databases help CEOs, commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance, and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. What's the role?
BNEF is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Beijing-based commercial team who manage a wide range of client portfolios across Mainland China. The team is responsible for originating new client relationships, while renewing and growing existing clients, and driving partnership discussions.
Do you have a passion for the energy and transport sectors, and want to be at the forefront of these exciting fast-changing industries? You are professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You balance quality and thoughtfulness with speed and agility. Teamwork is important to you, and you have a passion for providing platinum customer service. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Source new business opportunities and identify leads for BNEF services across energy, automotive, technology and financial industries
- Manage, renew and up-sell a book of clients
- Assist colleagues by helping to book meetings and calls with senior decision makers
- Act as an initial point of contact for incoming sales leads
- Respond to client requests promptly and thoroughly
- Help maintain accurate customer and sales information in our internal systems
- Assist in the preparation of major commercial activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences
- Coordinate and manage the logistics of client events
If this sounds like you:
- Minimum 2 years experience in the energy sector or in sales
- Business proficiency in English and Mandarin, with strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and/or interest in the energy or ESG sector
- Experience in providing business development support, such as in a junior sales position, or experience running marketing/events with a goal of getting new business leads
- Ability to work effectively on a close-knit and collaborative team
- Proven ability to manage several tasks at the same time, with a rigorous attention to detail
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and an ability to face challenges with a mature and professional manner
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://about.bnef.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com