Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism. It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.Asset and Wealth Management is a fast growing business with a unique audit division offering a broad range of services, tailored to assist Asset management clients grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies - FTSE listed, Private companies, Private Equity and Venture Capitalist backed companies. You'll gain experience across a wide variety of markets and industry sectors including, real estate, Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Asset and Wealth management.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. The role:
As a Senior Associate, you'll gain in-depth knowledge into how businesses run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with an unrivalled range of organisations we audit. A rewarding career path awaits, join our team to develop yourself as a professional and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities available at PwC. The responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Using your team and relationship management skills to ensure that your's and the audit team's documentation - from planning to completion of an Audit, meets PwC and regulatory standards;
- Completing a variety of areas of audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions;
- Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during the Audit;
- Delegating to others to provide learning opportunities and coaching to help deliver the most effective audit approach;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC, managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate;
- Developing new insights and proposing innovative solutions to help enhance audit quality; and
- Put the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations.
The skills we look for
- Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
- Experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and international standards on auditing;
- Strong organisational skills, experience of undertaking audit from planning to completion and a track record of challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation;
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships which includes communicating clearly with colleagues and organisations we audit;
- Ability to review the work of others', providing commentary and feedback to support the teams technical development and enhance audit quality;
- Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality. Diversity Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion. We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity