Reporting into the CFO, the role will manage all aspects of finance for all seven of the firm's property portfolios. The Financial Controller will sit alongside a range of experienced peers who in turn take responsibility for other areas of finance such as Developments, Corporate Reporting & Treasury, and Financial Operations. The Financial Controller will manage a team of 9 reports, taking overall responsibility for all financial and management reporting, accounting and accounting policies and analysis required by the portfolios under management. This is initially a 12 month fixed term contract with a strong possibility of being extended.Description
Core responsibilities of the Financial Controller include:
- Delivery of quarterly management reporting including P&L, balance sheet, cashflows and executive summary analysis, working closely with the Head of Corporate Finance to improve the quality and content of quarterly reports.
- Ensuring that any significant transactions (restructures, debt refinancing, etc) are accurately accounted for, liaising with the Corporate Reporting & Treasury Controller, the Group Company Secretary, and the Head of Corporate Finance where required.
- Presenting results to the appropriate Directors for each portfolio, assisting the Head of Corporate Finance and the CFO in preparing for quarterly Investment Committee meetings.
- Ensuring the appropriate review of consolidations, reserve reconciliations, and any audit adjustments, providing guidance to the team and also the wider Finance team on the correct accounting treatment of various transactions.
- The Financial Controller will also make significant contributions to the Group audit, working with the Corporate Reporting & Treasury team to ensure the audit requirements, including going concern analysis, are met.
- Qualified Accountant, ideally big 4/top 10 trained.
- Able to demonstrate proven experience managing high-performing teams, along with experience managing a complex group consolidation and reporting process.
- Previous exposure to the property sector is essential, including exposure to complex corporate structures and transactions.
- Experience in accounting for and reporting on, investment portfolios and funds under management is extremely beneficial, especially where this includes direct exposure to third-party investors and debt providers.
- A keen eye for detail and a diligent and organised approach, with strong written and communication skills.
- The collaborative environment requires a team player with the ability to develop strong working relationships within the finance team and across the wider business
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.