What we are looking for
The Chares River Development Middle Office team is looking to hire a Sr. Business Analyst who will be responsible for working with clients and development to create solutions to improve the client experience, the product feature set, and the strategic position of the CRD Investment Management System. The Sr. Business Analyst will become a Charles River product expert and help to ensure that our software products effectively aid our end users with their middle office workflows. The Sr. Business Analyst will work within a specific module of the product and several instrument types (equity, fixed income, derivatives, FX, etc.), participating in the full software development lifecycle and contributing as a member of a feature-focused product development team. They must be familiar with both financial and technical concepts, with a strong ability to deliver against specific requirement in a timely fashion on a project by project basis. Why this job is important to us
Charles River Development brings together data and capabilities across the investment lifecycle to help our clients make better decisions, grow at scale, and deliver returns for their clients. Our diverse team of highly skilled technologists and professionals are agile thinkers and problem solvers, committed to our end users and engineering excellence. We use mentorship and teamwork to impact and drive our business forward every day. By joining the Middle Office team, you will use advanced technology and critical thinking to challenge the status quo and drive results. At Charles River Development (CRD) we've been creating some of the most insightful and complex asset management technologies since 1997. Through our commitment to product quality and operating through a client-focused lens, we've experienced continuous growth. Charles River IMS is strategically aligned to innovate the future of investment management technologies. Together with State Street's middle and back office capabilities, Charles River's cloud-deployed software technology forms the foundation of State Street Alpha℠ What you are responsible for Responsibilities:
- Apply detailed knowledge of business requirements and workflows to assist in product development
- Research and produce business and technical requirement documents
- Work directly with customers and product management team to gather product requirements and develop feature specifications; involvement in all aspects of the software product life cycle
- Partner with development to help develop, implement, and refine features
- Plan and schedule validation tasks; provide hands-on manual tests; develop verification plans and processes
- Provide feedback on product performance
- Review documentation to ensure accurate and complete documentation
- Provide client beta testing support and train personnel on capabilities of new product releases
- Assist with the management of project schedules and deliverables
- Assist implementation and support to resolve escalated client issues
- Actively participate in the Agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum Methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
- Participate in group testing activities as needed.
About State Street What we do.
- 8+ years of software development lifecycle experience, particularly Agile methodologies preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills
- Advanced writing skills, including the ability to abstract/summarize highly detailed information
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to reconcile conflicting data
- Ability to translate customer business needs into application requirements
- Strong technical background
- Experience with middle office investment management functions
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills
- Curiosity and interest in financial markets and trading.
- Demonstrated ability translating business requirements into comprehensive functional and technical product specification documents
- Knowledgeable in one or more CRD functional financial areas strongly desired.
- Knowledgeable in cloud technology and experience working with data models and APIs strongly desired.
- Business and operational experience in corporate action processing and workflows a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail.,
- Education: BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or study of Business with an MIS background. MS/MBA degree strongly preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers