At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Asset Transfer Operations Manager (Assistant Vice President) in our Portfolio Operations, Front Office Support Services Team! !
We are seeking a team member to join our Front Office Support Services (FOSS) function. The incumbent will lead the Portfolio transfer and securities transfer team which handles co-ordination of Portfolio Transfers and securities transfer across Global markets for all securitized product (equity/bond/structured products/funds) and work closely with the Business on their clients' transfers.
Pre-processing check for all transfers, co-ordinate Portfolio Transfers and Securities Transfers
• Ensure team member performs pre-processing checks and Portfolio Transfers are performed in accordance with bank's SOP and within SLA
• Effective management on escalation and stakeholder engagement to ensure daily BAU processes are run seamlessly
• Knowledge transfer on changing regulatory landscape and prepare the team members and processes to facilitate the changes
• Able to handle complex off market transfers and ensure complex transactions are coordinated across various stakeholders (eg custodian, share registrars) and navigate solutions for Front Office
• Effective management of stock and cash breaks
• Review End of Day checks
• Ensure monthly Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) checks are completed
• Ensure any exception handling is as per exception handling framework
• Access risk and make decisions for exceptional cases. Decisions are always taken in accordance with the Bank's policies and internal guidelines, exhibiting sound and ethical judgement regarding behaviors, conduct and business practices.
• Ensure the team response to all queries from Business and is resolved within expected timeframe or escalated to the correct parties
• Identify control gaps and streamlining of processes to improve efficiency and deliver improvements
• Participate in projects/changes in relation to regulatory/market requirements. Including preparation of test cases, UAT, Regression test planning and execution
• Oversee daily operations of the Portfolio Operations team. Ensuring all requests are handled within the agreed SLAs and escalations are promptly attended to.
• Ensures effective management of any failed transfers, cash and stock breaks.
• Manage staff resource allocations within the team, ensuring there is an active load balancing of activities across the team and optimal delivery of services to the Business.
• Manage team performance and staff engagement
• Ensure MIS reports and provide status updates on outstanding cases
• Team training and succession planning
• Escalate promptly and deal with issues in a transparent manner
• 5 to 8 years of experience in Private Bank Operations running an Asset transfers related function
• Tertiary education with a good academic track record
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Clear written & verbal communication skills with all levels of staff
• Client-oriented mindset
• Meticulous and good team player
• Ability to work independently & drive initiatives forward until delivery
• Ability to work effectively with both Front Office and Support staff, at all levels
• Ability to work & deliver under time pressure
• Proactive in identifying any process gaps, providing or suggesting solutions to improve productivity
• Ability to perform ad-hoc system testing
• Knowledge in MS Access / Python / Power BI is a plus