Information Security Architect- Denver, CO; NYC, NY; Austn, TX or Miami, FL
Are you a passionate security architect that wants to problem solve and lead Security Architecture program for a leading global fortune 500 company? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it is time to j oin Western Union as an Information Security Architect. Western Union powers your pursuit.
The Security Architect role is responsible for developing and driving security architecture strategy, enforcing architecture processes, and supporting the enterprise architecture portfolios.
This person will also create strong partnerships with other teams and architects to increase the enterprise maturity. Lead security architecture initiatives to create new cloud computing environments and innovative capabilities that serve our global customers. This role has the opportunity to work with many different high visibility initiatives and individuals to secure our financial offerings. Role Responsibilities
- Develop, review, and validate security architectures against company requirements and industry best practices.
- Research and design security solutions for new technologies across all platforms and environments.
- Investigate changes/updates in current security solutions as well as the Cyber security industry and implement best practice processes in architecture review, design and delivery.
- Answer general inquiries regarding information security architecture and best practice.
Write technical requirement specifications for procurement and implementation of security appliances and software products.
- Lead audit support activities, as they pertain to cyber security and security architecture for both internal and external audits.
- Facilitate required activities to resolve open audit issues.
- Provide input for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics reporting.
- Write and review policies/procedures for audit and regulatory compliance as necessary.
Recommend procedural changes to enhance the security team.
- Identify opportunities to automate or streamline current processes.
- Lead security architecture initiatives.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
- Expertise in general security architecture and architecture best practices.
- Expertise in cloud security architecture.
- Expertise in cloud security development and engineering practices.
- Expertise in cloud security industry best practices.
- Expertise in infrastructure security.
- Expertise in network security.
- Bachelor's degree and six years of experience in information security with an architecture focus.
- 10 years professional information technology experience with practical architecture focus including at least eight years involved in information security work.
- Candidate needs experience in securing, implementing, managing and maintaining solutions in one of the following cloud provider environments: AWS, GCP, OCI or Azure.
Understanding of best practices on how to secure those environments as well as staying up with the latest trends and risks to cloud platforms.
- In depth understanding of networks, APIs and common enterprise technologies.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Advanced degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Advanced security certifications.
- Proficiency in secure coding/scripting and automation.
- Desire to grow as a multi-domain security SME.
- Familiarity with IT Audit lifecycle and frameworks.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems and various hardening techniques.
- Have working knowledge and experience with change control practices and experience building solutions in lab/dev environments, producing test cases, etc.
- Expert understanding of modern computing and cloud computing environments.
- Mastery of cloud security concepts.
- Familiarity with various cybersecurity techniques and principles, such as forensics, threat hunting, penetration testing, threat intelligence, Federated Identity Management, and/or data loss prevention.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company -transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/ . Salary
The base salary range is $170,000 - 220,000 USD per year. Total on target compensation includes a base salary and short-term (20% of base), and long-term (20% of base) , incentives that align with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary based on candidates' qualifications, skills, and competencies. Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few ( https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/ ). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your United States - specific benefits include:
- Family First Program
- Flexible Time off
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.