Structured Derivatives Trader
New York City
This is an SEC and FINRA regulated role.
As a Barclays Structured Derivatives Trader, you will get an exciting opportunity to support the US Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) Trading desk in pricing, execution risk management and index implementation. You will collaborate with Sales, structure colleagues in maintaining and growing the franchise, and help functions to maintain business quality and control. In your role, you will develop skills in a client-focused market as you make business dealings in derivatives, structured products, and strategic investments.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $110,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $125,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Colleagues who perform 'onsite' roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Helping the desk in pricing, execution, risk management and index implementation.
• Designing, back testing, implementation, calibration of QIS and working with other teams including Structuring and Sales team to create solutions for our client base
• Providing access to these investment strategies through swaps, options, notes, derivatives, ETF, ETN, or other wrappers
• Collaborating with various teams including operations, risk, and finance, as well as analysis of trade risks and pricing
• Hedging and risk managing the QIS trading books
• Working closely with operations teams to ensure trades are booked in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensuring other daily operation processes such as P&L reconciliation and index calculation reconciliation are completed
• Working closely with Risk function to provide transparent view of desk risks and discuss and implement ways to improve quality of risk reporting
What we're looking for:
• Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree or above
• Ability to work with partners in Sales and Structuring is critical
• Broad experience of financial products and their practical applications
• Excellent Organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent team player, good work ethic, self-starter
• Ability to work under pressure and juggle a busy and varied workload
• Ability to interact confidently with people at all levels
• An ability to work under pressure and juggle a busy and varied workload, ability to interact confidently with people at all levels
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.