What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in joining a diverse and collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to learn continuously and develop professionally? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop relationships with research professionals, institutional investors and other capital markets individuals in Canada and abroad? Are you looking for a competitive total rewards program? Your primary focus will be to support the Calgary based Paper & Forest Products Analyst by providing fundamental analysis of companies in the sector.
What will you do?
- Develop and enhance detailed company specific and industry macro financial models
- Maintain and develop sector specific databases and presentations
- Maintain relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Analyze financial statements, company specific information and industry specific data
- Assist with writing research notes and sector reports
What do you need to succeed?
- An Undergraduate degree with a focus on Business and Finance. A CA/CMA, MBA, CFA designation or CFA exam enrollment is preferred
- Efficient writing capabilities
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) with ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Familiarity with market data services (FactSet, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Detail oriented with solid analytical skills and ability to synthesize data points into trends beyond the mainstream
- Energetic, self-motivated and an ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Process oriented with the ability to learn quickly on the job
- Demonstrated passion for equity/financial markets
Previous experience in a Capital Markets Front Office and/or Equity Research related role, and/or the paper and forest products industries, would be an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Opportunities to learn continuously and develop professionally
- Opportunities to build close relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies