Asset Consulting Group is looking for an Investment Operations Analyst to join the team. This candidate will have sound investment knowledge and thrive in a semi-autonomous and entrepreneurial environment while maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, client custodians and investment managers. The individual will act as a primary contact for the operational oversight of ACG’s Discretionary client portfolios and be responsible for a variety of operational tasks including execution of transactions, reporting, and insuring compliance with firm and client policies. This position is located in our St. Louis office.
Essential Job Functions
- Implement investment decisions and rebalance client accounts according to changes in asset allocation or individual client needs and objectives.
- Maintain ACG’s high operational standards related to transactions, valuation, cash and position reconciliation, and custodian oversight.
- Facilitate and monitor discretionary client transactions including receipt and acknowledgements processes.
- Work directly with various client custodians to analyze and enhance our internal and external applications for trading, reporting, and compliance related to discretionary client accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance written procedures for the management and oversight of discretionary client accounts.
- Initiate or prepare letters of direction for funding and settlement instructions to custodian and administrators for client investments in private fund investments.
- Engage with reporting teams in the production and oversight of daily control reporting for distribution to senior management.
- Present recommendations for resolving complex operations situations while developing expertise on functions, projects, internal and industry related initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- A four-year college degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of investment operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience and knowledge of AML/KYC requirements for taxable and tax-exempt investors
- Experience and knowledge completing subscription documents for private fund investments for qualified purchasers and accredited investors.
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and strong technical skills such as Excel macros preferred.
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, deadline-driven change environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to analyze business situations and problem solve, including making recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing business initiatives.
- Experience with market data providers such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Investor Force, and Advent ACD is a plus.
- Analytical individual with an ability to focus on the big picture, while understanding and promoting details across multiple groups.