Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior International Value Proposition Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Responsible for continuously deepening our knowledge about our target customers ever evolving needs, articulating customer personas and customer problems to be solved
- Accountable for the execution of the long term strategy for the International Segment, identifying and enabling the next wave of growth, defend and energise our customer base and to embed customer centricity within the organisation
- Is the expert on the International Customer Segment archetypes, representing as a global Segment Lead, coordinating the effort across multiple areas (e.g. Product, Segments (Private and Personal Banking), EBS, Marketing, Channels, Compliance, Technology, Data & Analytics, CLCM, and Operations) to create winning and coherent value propositions that delivers on our customer needs and drive business outcomes
- Leads collaboration with other segment teams, notably Personal Banking, Premier, EBS and Private Banking to ensure smooth transition across the continuum, and sharing best practice.
- Supports the creation of a collaborative environment between the Heads of International in the local markets, exchanging best practices across markets
- Accountable for the achievement of Customer (e.g. # of active customers, % multicounty, % diaspora growth), % Digital, % Primacy, NPS) and Financial ($ revenue per customer) targets
- Passionate for role modelling HSBC behaviours. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible
- You have a bias towards action and can communicate complex ideas clearly
- Responsible for global coordination across Group and WPB, including Group, region, countries, proposition, product, channel, and other relevant functions
- Execute the digital revolution within propositions, shifting the mind-set to prioritize digital/mobile journeys for our customers, maximising use of new technologies
- Act as a subject matter expert for the International Segment within the wider Value Stream Construct and work the matrix effectively to remove barriers, influence change and promote greater consideration of International
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of specific strategic goals in conjunction with stakeholders to build a profitable and sustainable business where services are complimentary and not competing
- Engages external organisations as part of specific accountabilities to understand market trends and seek opportunities for improvement through own team and matrix
- An Internal Thought Leader with expert knowledge of customer base, market trends, and competitor activities to manage strategic direction
- Drive the culture in promoting and enhancing International customer journeys and experience as a central lever for value growth balanced against the objectives of the wider customer value stream
- Will have varied experience in customer strategy design and delivery in large scale complex organisations. Ability to engage and inspire on a strategic vision, with demonstrated success in building, selling, and executing on global strategies
- Experience in customer advocacy and a track record of driving a customer centric culture and decision-making in a commercial environment. Knowledge of our key International archetypes (Professional Expats, International Investors, International Students & Parents), their distinct needs, regulatory requirements and cultural preferences
- Good understanding of retail banking and wealth management product across jurisdictions.
- Keep up with trends and emerging business models, reimagining how to generate value to the business. Obsess about how to apply tech and data to solving business problems or finding new opportunities
- Culturally sensitivity and appreciation of HSBC's global values and international nature.
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and timely decision making against a backdrop of conflicting strategic priorities
- Strong collaboration skills and a highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills at a practical operational level
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills including an ability to operate in a complex, matrix driven environment
- Able to influence, engage and lead in a positive, inspiring manner
- Demonstrable resilience and persistence - a 'can-do' attitude
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.