Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank benefits from having a highly experienced and dedicated Anti Financial Crime (AFC) function, which performs a crucial role in keeping DBs business operations and global financial services clean from financial crime while serving the interests of the bank and society. Our regional/global matrix structure allows for flexible responses to challenges in the core areas of: Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption, Investigations & Intelligence, Monitoring & Screening, and Risk Assessment.
Our AFC Team will provide you with opportunities to learn, grow and define your career. We foster an open, diverse, and inclusive team culture, that is engaged and well-supported for prosperity and enjoyment of a life/work balance.
The Singapore Anti-Money Laundering Department, part of Anti Financial Crime, supports Deutsche Bank businesses in Singapore in managing AML risk, is responsible for ensuring related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal DB policies and MAS regulations. The operations in Singapore include a Branch and capital markets services licensees.
For candidates with the relevant seniority or experience, additional regional responsibilities will be conferred.What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce is better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your skills and experience:
- The AML Officer's responsibilities include working within the existing AML team to:
- Assist in the continued implementation of the applicable Group and divisional Policies on AML and KYC, through working closely with Client Onboarding colleagues and carrying out quarterly AML controls over relationships in Wealth Management Division.
- Decide on new or existing Singapore relationships that are escalated by the local onboarding staff or deciding to escalate further.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Singapore or entity-level AML policies, procedures and AML Compliance program, as well as the annual Risk Analysis and the coordination of updates to Regional/Global AML.
- Assist in validation of the AML Monitoring parameters and Transaction Screening databases and being the approval point for client third party payments.
- Assist in the review of New Product Approval requests and smart sourcing initiatives for Singapore where appropriate.
- Assist in the fulfillment of local regulatory information requests from MAS and CAD, or within regulatory inspections.
- Assist in the Suspicious Transaction Reporting process to investigate AML Transaction Monitoring and other alerts including hits against the payment filter and ensure suspicious transactions in Singapore are reported to the authorities and appropriately logged.
- Providing or assisting the provision of training on local regulatory requirements and internal policies, along with producing training materials.
- 6+ years' experience AML practitioner with holistic AML / Financial Crime knowledge and skills
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience/exposure in private banking/high networth segments
- Prior related experience in fronting stakeholders for discussions
- Work experience in a regulator or financial institution
- Degree qualified
- Relevant AML or related certifications (CAMS, CFE, IntDipAML)
- Understanding one or more of the business areas of investment banking, corporate banking, trade finance, asset management and/or private bank, and risk profile of each category.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Performance orientation
- Good stakeholder management good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks under pressure
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.How we'll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career