Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com .
Aon's Benefit Index®, Nomura's benefits rank #1
amongst our competitors Department Overview
Nomura's Front Office Risk team covers various gamut of Risk and capital Management activities for the Global Markets business globally. The team works directly with Heads of Global Markets (Global and regionally) with the Global head of FO Risk based in Tokyo. Team roles can be divided into three main categories:
- Front Office Risk tasks including daily analysis of GM risks and PnL and identifying potentially toxic risks and PnL drivers. This also includes stop loss management for all GM traders and working with them for any risk reductions required in line with the stop loss policy.
- Capital Analysis and Planning: To analyse the regulatory capital requirement changes on a regular basis and identifying drivers of capital changes. Team also looks at developing potential trades to mitigate capital increases.
- GM Representation for special projects: Team represents global markets within various committees for new regulatory projects like BCBS239 and FRTB. It includes communicating GM requirements from these projects and ensuring they are fulfilled.
- Will work closely with the Front Office Risk team in AEJ. The focus will be on helping on the Daily Monitoring of Risks and PnL across FX and Rates Businesses in AEJ and Globally (FX G10 and EM).
- Will work closely with Business and IT to streamline the daily monitoring of Risk and PnL, and the reporting processes to Senior Management and senior traders.
- Stop loss management for AEJ traders and working with them for any risk reductions required in line with the stop loss policy.
- Looking at risk taking in trading desks and talking to traders as well as the Risk Managers and any relevant team to understand trading strategies, market flows and moves as well as the present and future impact of such risk on GM Pnl.
- Assisting to identify new potential risks based on what is happening in the economy or coming from our product flows.
- Assisting with special projects that the team is involved in.
- Ensure that risks are both identified and assessed and that appropriate mitigation and management measures are implemented in a comprehensive, appropriate and forward-looking manner, in accordance with governance principles.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Bank or Financial Institution
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Risk or Market Risk function conducting daily analysis of Global Market risks and monitoring of traders PnL
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in derivatives products including FX/Rates, Flow Rates or structured products
- A minimum of 2 years' advisory experience advising Global Markets desks on risk matters including stop loss management
- Proven technical knowledge of financial market products, trading systems, market risk, and capital markets
- A problem solver who can work independently
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor or Post graduate degree from an accredited university
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation. DISCLAIMER:
This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer