Chief Risk Officer - SMF4 - Banking
Excellent opportunity to join boutique London based bank to work in broad CRO Capacity - driving a technical and cultural change in Risk and the wider functions.
Supporting Executive management in achieving the Strategic Plan and objectives in a compliant manner by providing appropriate challenge and diligence.
Supporting Executive management in defining, setting, and managing the Board approved risk appetite of the Bank in conjunction with the CEO, Board Risk Committee, and the Board.
Ensuring that a strong risk culture is evident, maintained, monitored, and embedded across the Bank.
Managing the Bank's risk management framework, lead the management of risk across the bank and implement policy to meet regulatory requirements enabling the business to respond to regulatory and legislative change.
- Facilitate the implementation of effective risk management practices by management through monitoring the design and operation of controls in the first line of defence and assisting the risk owners to identify and report robust risk information up and down the organisation.
- Ensure that managers and risk owners pay due attention to their responsibilities and assist the Executive team in the management and mitigation of risks on new products, processes, and services.
- Establish a programme to include a risk review of each risk profile identified.
- Confirm existing risks have been correctly identified, rated and, if necessary, amended and added to Risk Register.
- Identify new key risks /emerging risks and ensure that these are assessed and added to the Risk Register.
- Highlight discrepancies in the residual risk rating, identifying the reason for the discrepancy, and suggest improved risk controls to rectify the discrepancy
- Review and assess the mitigation controls identified against each risk and confirm that the residual risk rating identified by the Risk Owner / Manager is realistic and accurate.
- Responsible for oversight, monitoring, problem recognition and any remediation of the Bank's Business, Retail and Treasury related lending portfolio and associated security.
- Monitor the annual (or more frequent if required) review of all Bank and Country limits, ensuring that the process is completed before the current limits have expired.
- Manage the annual ILAAP, ICAAP, Recovery Plan and Resolution Plan review process.
- Fulfil the roles and responsibilities for financial crime processes. Ensures that every process and control in the role and duties have been considered from a financial crime perspective as part of the day-to-day responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Head of Compliance and MLRO, assist staff with interpretation of rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the Bank complies with the requirements of Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Bachelor`s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Business-related field.
Over 20 years senior risk management experience in banking industry with SMF4 certification.
Extensive and demonstrable experience across of all areas of risk including Financial Crime, Conduct and Operational Resilience with solid understanding of other risks including Credit risk management (good knowledge of real estate lending).
Relevant knowledge of the UK regulatory framework and experience of dealing with UK regulators.
Good understanding of Financial Crime, Compliance and MLRO activities.
Strong leadership skills with proven track-record and ability to motivate others, delegate tasks and inspire confidence.
Strong communication skills to manage and present complex topics.
Highly collaborative and able to build strong relationships across the organisation.