Overview of Division/Department
Our team in Asia-Pacific Corporate Banking Department is responsible for screening deals originated by the regional branches Company Profile
MIZUHO BANK, LTD. IS A SUBSIDIARY OF THE JAPAN-BASED MIZUHO FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. (LISTED ON THE TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE AND NYSE) AND IS ONE OF THE LARGEST FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. MIZUHO BANK, LTD. PROVIDES FINANCIAL AND STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS FOR THE INCREASINGLY DIVERSE AND SOPHISTICATED NEEDS OF ITS CLIENTS WITH OFFICES LOCATED IN ALL THE MAJOR CITIES OF THE WORLD SUCH AS TOKYO, NEW YORK, LONDON, HONG KONG AND SINGAPORE. Job Responsibilities
The current role available in the deal screening team focuses particularly on reviewing deals originated by the regional branches in the Asia-Pacific region. This role will support branches by examining the deal profitability and alignment with the customer account plan with the aim of improving Asia-Pacific regional profitability.
Job scope includes:
- Coordinating with branches to screen deals originating from Asia-Pacific region.
- Analyse deals based on credit risk, exposure, stand-alone and group profitability (before/after the deal), rationale of the ancillary business, alignment of the account plan, RWA/EXP amount and its control plan, utilization of the existing facility, etc.
- In consultation with senior members of deal screening team to select deals for deal screening sessions with Managing Director(s) of Asia-Pacific Corporate Banking Department.
- Collaborating with senior members of Asia-Pacific Corporate Banking Department for credit and deal execution support.
- Co-working with front office in regional offices to help improve analytical skills/knowledge by sharing best practices and replicating successful cases by regional branches.
- A Bachelor degree in Banking & Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent in the similar field.
- Minimum 3 years of working experiences in corporate finance for AVP role. Experiences as a credit analyst or front office RM would be an advantage.
- Fresh graduates with strong interest in this field will be considered for more junior position.
- Good knowledge of relevant credit products and portfolio management.
- Good people engagement and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task to manage timelines.
- Team player.