Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director
. Principal Responsibilities
This role contributes to the identification of sales opportunities and maintenance of business relationships, focusing on specific customer requirements.
The role holder will:
- Contribute to the identification of sales opportunities that address specific needs for clients
- Maintain business relationships with clients in assigned area of responsibility
- Develop knowledge of client needs and requirements, coordinating efforts to service client organisations
- Identify potential opportunities for cross selling and execute or escalates to Director / Managing Director when necessary
- Act as business as usual escalation point for client concerns / operational issues where Front Office can contribute to resolution or which could have a relationship impact and requires further escalation
- Manage transaction execution following pricing from relevant pricing team
- Maintain complete records of client orders and execution
- Deliver trade ideas and relevant HSBC content to clients
- Collaborate with other internal businesses within Markets and Securities Services as well as other areas within the Group e.g. Global Banking, Wholesale Banking, Wealth and Personal Banking and Private Banking
- Support relationship with Banking Relationship Managers and other product groups to maximise cross-selling opportunities for the bank
- Follow a clear vision that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Strong sales acumen and knowledge of markets and potential opportunities to work with institutional clients
- The role requires a thorough understanding of the front to back control environment and the role needs to ensure the leadership tone and operational processes uphold the highest standards of front office supervisory standards across the team.
- Regulation: Knowledge of the global regulatory and conduct landscape is important to ensure compliance within the team, to challenge others and to adapt the operating model to ensure client needs and HSBC's reputation is balanced.
- Streamlining: Ability to ensure an efficient, high capacity risk management infrastructure that meets internal control standards and achieves the Vision of HSBC being 'the world's leading international bank' by 'connecting clients with opportunities'
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.