Your team responsibilities
The Sales Support specialist is a member of the Tokyo Client Coverage team whose primary responsibility is supporting the Senior Sales Specialists and Relationship Managers covering all client segments in the area.
Individuals in an MSCI Sales Support position are responsible for supporting/facilitating the sales process and educating clients/prospects on MSCI products. Focused products are various indexes (capital weighted, Factor, thematic etc.), Index data, ESG research and others.
The Sales Support plays a key role in identifying potential clients and assisting the Client Coverage team members in providing research and analysis to current and prospective clients.
What we offer you
• At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose - to power better investment decisions. You'll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
• Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
• Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
• You'll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our 'Here For You' Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, financial and legal advice free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
• Pre-sales activities, process management and post-sales client maintenance
• Help sales members especially for operational work-flow including contracting
• Market analysis, competitor research, prospect research
• Qualifying prospects
• Set-up and participate in prospective client and current client discussions
• Manage the pipeline opportunity, follow-up and generate contracts
• New product placement support
• Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
• Campaign tracking, analysis and reporting of key metrics
• Regular communication and coordination of projects with colleagues covering the Asset Owner, Investment Consultant and Asset Manager teams.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
o Specific Knowledge/Skills
§ Fluent in both Japanese and English
§ Advanced knowledge of basic applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PPT, Word)
§ Ability to develop dialogue with prospective clients and build strong relationships.
§ Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
o Desired Experience
§ At least 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
o Desired Qualifications
§ Undergraduate degree required; Finance or Economics degree preferred
How we'll support you
• Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You'll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
• We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
• As a new joiner you'll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
• Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need for to accelerate your professional growth.
• At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
• We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women's Leadership Forum.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
To learn about life at MSCI visit careers.msci.com , follow us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or join our Talent Community .
To all recruitment agencies
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location, or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected parental leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MSCI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please email Disability.Assistance@msci.com and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Please note, this e-mail is intended only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation; it is not intended for other inquiries.
Note on recruitment scams
We are aware of recruitment scams where fraudsters impersonating MSCI personnel may try and elicit personal information from job seekers. Read our full note on our careers site .
Quotes from Emilia Marton, Anja Ludzuweit, Dorottya Bruszt