Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Trust Finance Operations. Principal Responsibilities
- To review annual clients' accounts, regular schedules or ad-hoc reports according to different regulatory / client requirement
- To define the accounting treatment for Trust accounts
- To liaise with internal parties (i.e. TRMs/TROs / Overseas site) regarding the account format, transaction, tax implication, schedules and calculation entitlement
- To liaise with external parties (i.e. client tax advisors / accountants) regarding the accounting treatment and reporting format and handles the client / external auditor's queries and questions
- To handle workflows, exception reports and prepare returns for daily operations
- To assist the compliance/regulatory reporting for TFS (e.g. FATCA, Section 13F filing, BVI Financial report filing, Jersey company filings)
- To conduct reviews of Operating and Investment Companies in accordance with the requirements of TFS
- To assist in User Acceptance Testing relating to software enhancements and upgrades
- To prepare statistics for management information purposes, and review statistics prepared by offshoring partners
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Degree holder with major in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant discipline.
- Qualified accountants.
- Work experience in financial, accounting or auditing industry for at least 5 years
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting policies, strong operations and workflow capabilities.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Be able to make good and objective judgements and be able to substantiate the judgements with solid grounds and reasons
- Strong risk control and compliance mind-set
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with other teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills abilities to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business and technical domain knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skill by demonstrating high level of initiatives and ability to quickly acquire knowledge and adapt to on-going change
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills and managing stakeholders across multiple disciplines and/or lines of business
- Able to think laterally and take a pragmatic approach, when necessary, to issue resolution
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making practices
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.