Altus Partners have been retained with a leading Real Estate Investment Management firm that is looking to bring on a valuations professional to join the portfolio management team. The business is going through an exciting growth phase off the back of recent success and is looking to grow and develop the team in London. This business is responsible for providing business valuations and analytics of the European portfolio and this role will be working alongside the Head of the team and will be partnering with deals team and senior execs in Europe and the US.
The role will be responsible for providing support for valuations and portfolio analysis to the European Real Assets portfolio, including portfolio analytics and asset level performance. The role is an extension of the asset management, portfolio management and finance teams to support yearly valuation processes and transaction support.
The business does have the capacity to sponsor in the UK.The Role
The role will be responsible for valuations and portfolio analysis of the current assets, including portfolio analytics and property level performance. The role is an extension of the asset management, portfolio management and investment teams to lead the valuation processes and to advise the investment team on how to improve the performance of their current assets throughout their investment lifecycle. The role will work directly with the assets to ensure the effective strategy and processes for the valuations. The role will analyse market research and market conditions as to as to drive assumptions on the hold / sell analysis of the assets as to advise the outcome of the exit strategy. Furthermore, the role will work with external third parties to coordinate appraisals and facilitate valuation model reviews whilst working with the team in the refinancing and exits of the assets.Responsibilities
- Support with the entire valuation process:
- Building and updating financial models and performing valuation analysis.
- Update cash flow models with latest assumptions on leasing, rental income, operating expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Completes the quarterly or monthly valuation cycle
- Coordinates with portfolio companies and effectively obtains asset level information from various sources.
- Analyse market conditions from sales comparable and other parameters to drive model assumptions and assess the value of the assets.
- Provides critical analysis of cash flow and valuation movements at the asset or portfolio level.
- Calculates the investment return and projects investor return distribution through the hold or sell analysis of each investment.
- In-depth industry, market, and asset sector research and analysis.
- Be a part of global valuation committee and reports on valuation outcomes and investment performance.
- Liaises with third party appraisal firms and advisors to engage and facilitate external valuations and model reviews.
- Oversight with external consultants and investors to respond to questions and provide supporting documentation.
- Assists in ad hoc requests or special projects
- Strong proficiency in financial cash flow modelling required.
- Strong MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel skills required.
- 2 - 6 years years of experience in a fund management related field such as valuations, financial analysis or portfolio management
- Qualified accountant is preferred but not essential
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Real estate knowledge is preferred
- VBA, Python, Power BI or other visualization and programming languages are benefit