The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join the Close Brothers Legal Operations Team where you will provide administration, analytical and data collection support to enable operational process improvements for the Legal and Company Secretariat (CoSec) teams. RESPONSIBILITIES
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF HAVE/ARE:
- Assist the Group Head of Legal Operations in implementing process improvements via creation of communications and training to maximise the effectiveness of the Legal and CoSec function within a dynamic environment.
- Work closely with Group Head of Legal Operations to identify operational change activities which will maximise efficiencies to support business with internal and external legal support delivery.
- Deliver change and improvement activities for the function identified by the Group Head of Legal Operations and the Group General Counsel, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Reports into the Group Head of Legal Operations and represents the team on certain operational matters.
- Work closely with Legal EA/Legal PA to deal with administration for the Group Legal and CoSec function including in relation to meeting planning and internal operational queries.
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE/ARE:
- The ability to review, document and understand process and control management and how they can be applied to deliver outcomes for customers and the business.
- Self-sufficient and able to work both on own initiative and through others to efficiently meet objectives.
- Ability to track and monitor delivery of benefits derived from the team including through effective use of management information.
- Advanced skills on the Microsoft Suite programs including PowerPoint, Excel, (including pivot tables), Word, and Outlook.
- The ability to analyse complex data, prepare reports and present findings to Legal and CoSec team and business stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills; collaborative communication approach with peers and team members.
- Able to provide support for dealing with financial matters relating to Group Legal & CoSec as a cost centre.
- An understanding of the legal industry or experience in supporting operational change for professionals.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back. ABOUT US
At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: