Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of SPECIALIST, DATA MANAGEMENT & QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS to join our Enterprise Sourcing Office - Data & Analytics team. This role is located in PUNE, INDIA - HYBRID/REMOTE.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Work with business process owners to identify and document reporting requirements including conducting data analysis, data mapping, transformation logic and expected reporting deliverables
- Evaluation, maintenance, and enhancement of existing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
- Build and support BI reports and dashboards in PowerBI, Tableau, or other related tools providing data and insights based on business requirements
- Perform detailed data analysis using SQL within in data marts, data lake, or source data systems; Prepare and present finding / key learnings to stakeholders
- Analyze & manipulate data using advanced analytics capabilities in MS Excel
- Managing and merging multiple MS Excel or related data files without error or data corruption
- Create process flows in MS Visio or related tools to support business requirements
- Document and follow up of new and active action items. Follow through to resolution / closure in a timely manner
- Maintain open lines of communication with teammates and other internal stakeholders to ensure all data is properly communicated and addressed
- Create and maintain support documentation for all BI reporting and analytics applications
- Attend meetings and present and defend data findings to cross-functional teams
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management, Data Science or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience building data visualizations and reporting using Tableau, PowerBI, or related tools
- Working knowledge of stored procedures, table node functions, temp tables, joins, and sub-queries and ability to perform data modeling in the query editor
- Core understanding of data manipulation, data integration, warehousing, modelling, presentation tactics, concepts, and techniques
- Independent, organized, self-motivated, team player
- Ability to wear multiple hats and balance on a variety of activities requiring varying skill levels concurrently with focus on timely delivery
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal leadership skills
- Adaptable to highly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.