- JN -072023-1944135
- Aug 10, 2023
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Multinational Corporate Bank who are well known for their Corporate Lending and Transaction Banking business in the APAC region.
As an Analyst/Associate in Trade Services Operations, you will be responsible for executing and managing various trade finance transactions independently, which may include factoring, receivables finance, forfaiting, guarantees, and trade finance refinancing. Additionally, you will contribute to risks analysis and portfolio management, including monitoring collateral coverage, covenants compliance, daily controls, and invoice reconciliation functions. Your role will also involve providing innovative cross-border trade finance solutions to clients in the Asia Pacific region and helping reduce the Bank's risk exposure. Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operational activities between Clients, the business, and other operational teams to ensure accurate and timely processing and reporting of all transactions.
- Supervise the handling and processing of incoming and outgoing enquiries, instructions, and physical documents with clients to meet service level standards.
- Act as a control point to ensure all bank and regulatory requirements are met during pre-transaction validation and post-transaction monitoring.
- Focus on transaction execution, facilitate client inquiries and requests, contribute to product development and maintenance, and provide regular reporting.
- Collaborate effectively between teams and branches to ensure timely execution of tasks.
- Maintain up-to-date procedures and actively participate in process optimization.
- Work collaboratively to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance objectives of the regional team.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues across different functions, such as Corporate & Investment Banking, Product Specialists, Legal, Risk, and Compliance, to ensure successful deal flow.
- Contribute to the skills development of colleagues in the region by sharing knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Support ad hoc projects as assigned.
- University degree in finance-related disciplines.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the banking industry (4 - 5 years for Associate level) with exposure to trade finance or related middle office/control/operations functions. Familiarity with factoring/receivables financing products is an advantage.
- Good self-motivation and ability to work independently, even under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong sense of control and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in PC knowledge, including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong team player with a collaborative approach
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932