KYC Rigour Control Analyst
As a Barclays KYC Rigour Control Analyst, you will have an exciting opportunity to provide end to end dedicated and robust specialist 'know your customer' expertise, assisting with the client onboarding function as a point of contact for audit and compliance reviews. In this position you will have a chance to work in partnership with other areas of the bank, both in the UK and internationally, to deliver excellent client experience.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Using KYC knowledge, communication and problem-solving skills to analyse information, that has been provided by the KYC team
• Maintaining a high standard of accuracy during all stages of the process, taking ownership to resolve issues that may threaten Policy, Control or Regulatory requirements
• Working towards deadlines to resolve Audit, Assurance Testing or ORAC due dates and utilising significant communication skills to interact professionally with stakeholders
• Communicating the reasons for our control requirements, to the KYC teams and other internal stakeholders where required
• Contributing to a Positive, Supportive and Proactive working culture by sharing knowledge and expertise both locally and globally
• Working closely with other teams to consistently deliver an excellent 'One Barclays' Client experience
• Challenging operational processes with solutions to enhance the team's current processes
• Conducting a gap analysis on procedures vs policy, using an understanding of how these are governed and how to interpret the policy and be able to support in training
What we're looking for:
• Good oral and written communication skills, across all platforms, with the ability to flex styles to the needs of different stakeholders
• Time management skills to be able to proactively manage your workload effectively to complete complex and high-priority tasks within target timescales
• End to end KYC knowledge, understanding and experience of the importance of KYC to the Bank through the various lenses i.e. risk and regulation
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Investment and Corporate Banking
• Knowledge of key legislation, such as Data Protection Act, Companies Act, Insolvency Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering, and confidentiality regulations
• Excellent Word and Excel skills
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.