We are working with a strategy group that bolts on to the sales and trading Co-Heads of Global Markets at a top 5 investment bank in London.
The visibility of this role is unparalleled with the MDs reporting directly to the ExCo of the bank.
We are looking for someone with a blend of skills: global markets knowledge, a strategic brain and strong analytical skills. Think someone to look at information from a broad range of sources and condense into a slick, compelling presentation for a Head of sales and trading business.
Themes can range from:
- ensuring data is accurate and the story makes sense, whatever the theme from any product areas
- pure strategy work; assessing a market opportunity or similar
- analysing performance data, whether that be internally or externally produced
- assessing operational performance looking at cost, client data, market data or similar
- macro news and pulling together information and presenting it back on how it might affect the bank
One plus of the role is the career trajectory, with a path to Director; this is a small, motivated group of people hungry to succeed.
The following backgrounds would be of interest:
1. Strategy consulting experience and training to produce high quality deliverables whether in a pure strategy or execution-driven role
2. Global markets expertise; ideally across a broad range of markets products and services
3. Top notch analysis skills working with a range of data sources
4. Excellent presentational skills
5. A passion and rigour in talking and discussing market issues with senior stakeholders