Sr. Specialist, Data Management Engineer Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Sr. Specialist, Data Management Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Management team. This role is located in New York, NY
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Use existing and emerging technology platforms in Data Quality tools to design, develop and document Data Quality Controls (DQCs)
- Writes new complex controls across Data Quality dimensions such as Accuracy, Completeness, Timeliness, Consistency, and Uniqueness to implement business definitions for data rules for a specific data element within a dataset
- Designs and codes unit and integration test transactions
- Analyzes organizational needs and goals to develop and implement across numerous application systems, including batch jobs, ad-hoc jobs, and near real-time data quality
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans.
- Demonstrate teamwork. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge.
- Compiles documentation written by senior technical developers and business, data leaders or data stewards of all procedures used in DQ, end-to-end from DQ creation to Issue Management.
- Relevant experience developing and supporting one or more of the following - Data Quality and Governance tools like Informatica Data Quality, Collibra Data Quality, Collibra Glossary, ASG Rochade and Analytical tools like ThoughtSpot or PowerBI
- Oracle 9i and PL-SQL, Shell scripting, Python programming and scripting, including and write complex SQL statements for large scale databases
- Strong knowledge on REST APIs
- Strong knowledge on KAFKA. Consume and Produce KAFKA messages using Python.
- Strong knowledge on Event Driven programing in Python.
- Hands - on experience with creating Streamlit UI pages using Python.
- Working knowledge on S3
- Knowledge of Python web frameworks.
- Experience working in GitHub.
- Experience in Unix shell scripting.
- Experience working in Agile (scrum-based model) and tools like Jira.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Designs and creates highly complex logical/physical data models, and data dictionaries that cater to the specific business and functional requirements of applications. Consults with businesses to identify needs and translates those needs into data architecture solutions. Develops comprehensive data/technical specifications that bridge business/product needs with system design/deliverables. Performs data extracts and creates complex data reports to analyze user metrics. Develops understanding of business needs and functionalities to determine compatibility of database with existing hardware/software applications and recommend the most cost effective methods. Consults with database administration and client areas and provides solutions in resolving issues during the translation to a physical database design. Provides knowledge and expertise of enterprise data to assist the business in the creation and definition of internal and external message flows. Provides knowledge and expertise in existing database environments and makes recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancy. Analyzes market trends for data modeling tools and metadata management software. Provides input into the selection of tools and any necessary migration into the company's environment. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $79,000 and $135,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.