Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Associate, Market and Liquidity Risk to join our Risk and Compliance team. This role is located in New York, NY and Pittsburgh, PA - HYBRID. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Applying knowledge of market or liquidity risk management best practices and financial markets in support of analyzing, monitoring, and measuring risk.
- Understanding the end-to-end Risk Management process, Models, and Risk limits to support review and challenge, and improvements to the existing framework.
- Working with senior management roles to ensure that the appropriate Liquidity Risk policies, methods, standards, processes, and training are developed, applied, and understood by impacted stakeholders.
- Perform ongoing analysis and monitoring of risk exposures including liaising with business partners to understand and validate significant movements in metrics
- Producing (and may deliver) risk presentations to senior management. Anticipates and addresses Audit and regulatory concerns regarding the Liquidity Risk framework, governance, and operations to promote compliance with appropriate internal and external standards.
- In partnership with management, establishes and supports the Liquidity Risk strategy for the business area(s) and is accountable for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Assists in the development and implementation of tools and procedures to measure and monitor multiple risks hierarchically and across the entire organization including interacting with technology and first line colleagues. Develop and document processes to ensure consistency of practices within Treasury Risk
- Manage existing processes to ensure accurate and timely implementation
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 0+ years of total work experience with 1-3 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in financial services is preferred. Background in math, statistics, finance, economics, risk management, operations research, engineering or a similar field is preferred.
- Knowledge of funding, cash flow projections, deposits (including operational and behavioral views), liquidity measures, liquidity stress testing and relevant regulation (e.g. CLAR/ILAA, LCR) is preferred.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $66,000 and $85,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.