Overview 2024 Campus Programs - Summer Internship Program - Chief Administrative Office (CAO) Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about. We welcome you to apply!
When applying to this general 2024 Summer Internship Programs posting, our expert BNY Mellon Talent Acquisition Team may also review your resume for consideration across other open early career roles within the company.
We're seeking a future team member for 2024 BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program - Chief Administration Office. This role is located in Lake Mary (FL), New York (NY), or Pittsburgh (PA) in a HYBRID capacity. Program Highlights
BNY Mellon's Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding 10-week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in CAO while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon's innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
Chief Administration Office (CAO)
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
The Chief Administrative Office (CAO) is an enterprise function comprised of teams including Corporate Insurance, Enterprise Change, Resiliency and Sourcing Office, Global Corporate Services, Real Estate, Facilities Management and Architecture, Design and Construction Management. Corporate Insurance
provides insurance expertise and coverage to protect the company and maximize shareholder value.
The Enterprise Change Office
is comprised of program / project managers and business analysts supporting a portfolio of enterprise programs on behalf of various executive sponsors and stakeholders. The Enterprise Resiliency Office
(ERO) is a centralized, global function to promote and facilitate operational resiliency across the enterprise. ERO works closely with the businesses and Corporate Staff groups to drive the firm's resiliency strategy. The Enterprise Sourcing Office
(ESO) is a centralized, global function to manage the end-to-end interaction with and management of third-parties (external and inter-affiliate) and related activities. Global Corporate Services Division
provides foundational global support services such as aircraft, mail operations, printing and reprographics, food services, conference services, executive dining and corporate travel. Real Estate
is responsible for real estate functions, including real estate lease transactions and administration, location strategy, workplace experience and Business and Environmental Sustainability. Architecture, Design, Construction & Facilities Management
manages the physical changes to BNY Mellon buildings and floors and is responsible for architecture design and construction and facilities services, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning, cleaning, and maintenance.
It is an optimal time to be a part of the CAO team as we are redefining the future work and driving efficiencies across the organization to improve experiences for our clients and our employees. Program Eligibility:
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors preferred; however open to all majors with an individual interested in the financial services industry
- Individuals who will be graduating in December 2024 through August 2025
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
- Forbes Blockchain 50
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.