Job Description: About DWS:
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers. Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,900 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors - entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients' future. Overview
The Product Division is responsible for the whole lifecycle of products and solutions that DWS offers, from the inception of a product strategy through implementation and ongoing management. Key pillars within the Product Division include Product Strategy, Lifecycle & Analytics, Product Specialists & Development and Product Management.
The Product Division is looking for candidates who are interested in supporting the team to grow DWS' commercial success through developing product strategies, leveraging market trends, building client-centric solutions, launching new products, defining and driving marketing strategies of products and managing product. Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills & Experience:
- Overseeing and project managing the design, development, structuring and launching of new Alternatives products in the US, including the internal approval processes.
- Driving product strategy, identifying opportunities for product innovation and building business cases for new product development or product modification initiatives.
- Stay abreast as relevant as it relates to competitive launches, market trends, structural innovation and evolving regulatory changes.
- Supporting the Alternatives Product Development team globally in the structuring and launch of new products
- Working closely with various Deutsche Bank and DWS stakeholders, including senior management, portfolio managers, Alternatives product management teams, sales teams, fund operations, finance, tax, legal and compliance to agree commercial terms, target investor markets and structure
- Acting as a key point of contact for the Alternatives organization for products launched and distributed in the US.
- Managing stakeholder relationships in Alternatives as well as across the broader DWS organization
- Managing and supporting multiple projects impacting the Alternatives business globally, with a primary focus on the US
- Managing the global product pipeline, with a primary focus on the US, and reporting on the status of new initiatives
- Preparing materials, templates and providing input into databases
- Supporting local and global ad-hoc projects relating to product development activities
What we'll offer you:
- Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience
- 8-10 years' experience in an investment-related or product development role. Legal and/or tax background would be helpful
- Comprehensive understanding of alternative asset classes (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Credit) and structures (REITS, Tender Offer/Interval Funds, AIFs)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to manage priorities and deliver projects on time in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team member, coupled with the enthusiasm to deliver world-leading solutions for our clients
- Ability to build strong relationships with a range of teams and individuals and influence outcomes
- Solution driven, creative and use of initiative to propose new, practical strategies/solutions
- An open mind to embracing new challenges coupled with a strong sense of commitment and a pro-active approach to self-development
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
How we'll support you:
- Competitive Salary and Matched 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Away plus Bank Holidays
- Health and Life Insurance Plans for you and your family
- Work/Life Balance Programs including Adoption/Surrogacy/Infertility Assistance, Backup Care through Bright Horizons, Phase Back to Work and Support for New Mothers
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, Commuter Discounts and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support wide-ranging volunteer programs, + 1 day volunteering leave per year, matched personal donations to non-profit organizations dollar-for-dollar, up to $5,000
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
It is DWS's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York City office in accordance with the firm's hybrid working model.
DWS provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in New York City is $129,000 to $210,000. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of remuneration. DWS Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Privacy Statement
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. Click here to view DWS' Privacy Notice.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .