Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate investment opportunities in collaboration with internal stakeholders such as business development, projects operations, finance, and legal.
- Lead the due diligence process in collaboration with internal and external parties
- Prepare/oversee the preparation of accurate and robust financial and valuation models and ensure model integrity.
- In collaboration with the Group Treasurer and CFO, structure, originate and execute project and corporate financings, propose financing alternatives and recommend the appropriate financing strategy, negotiate term sheets and financing agreements with lenders, and lead the closing process
- Prepare and communicate investment and financing proposals, presentations and reports to internal stakeholders
- Manage relationships internal and external stakeholders, such as lenders, financial advisers and law firms and keep everyone informed and involved
- Assist in capital budgeting, and the mapping of the financial strategy.
- Mentor and provide guidance, supervision, on-the-job training and knowledge transfer to junior members of the team
- Manage ad hoc matters arising and perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- At least 8 years of work experience in commercial, corporate and/or project finance, investment banking, and/or private equity and a track record in successfully managing investment and financing processes. Experience in oil and gas, would be advantageous.
- Exceptional analytical skills, a deep commercial understanding, and in-depth expertise in investment analysis and valuation, the international energy markets, and the international financial markets
- Exceptional proficiency in financial modelling (Microsoft Excel) and advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills and the ability to produce well-structured written materials and articulate complex matters concisely and effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in leading transaction teams and coordinating internal and external stakeholders
- A systematic approach to solve complex problems and solution-oriented thinking with high attention to detail.
- A high degree of self-motivation, ambitious and hands-on, with an entrepreneurial mindset; a good team player with the ability to engage with people and deliver within tight deadlines and in a fast-paced, international environment.
- Knowledge and genuine interest in the oil and gas industry