Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
BNY Mellon Collateral Management & Segregation provides collateral solutions to global market participants. Through the efficient and optimal collateralization of trading and counterparty exposures, Collateral Management assists its clients in managing risk, capital and liquidity via its ability to provide the broadest market, transaction and client coverage across several asset classes globally. As a member of the Collateral Management team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending, we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Associate, Client Onboarding/Transitions/Conversions/KYC to join our Collateral Management & Segregation. This role is located in Manchester - Hybrid Position summary
Under minimal direction, onboards clients into the system, opens and closes accounts and handles transitions and conversions to the system. Serves as an advisor to clients as they onboard/transition/convert to/from organization products and solutions. Obtains and reviews the appropriate documentation and reference data, and ensures regulatory aspects of AML and KYC are completed prior to opening accounts. Ensures all SLA's are met. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Prepares clients for entering new accounts by explaining and articulating the level of documentation required, regulations, complexities in the market and market expectations. Works directly with clients to open new accounts once due diligence on KYC and AML has been completed and works with client and internal parties around asset events. Closes off accounts by first checking for any pending activity or balances remaining in the account.
- Leads project management activities for onboarding/transitions/conversions such as reporting, planning, issue / risk tracking, scheduling, effort estimation, day-to-day tracking, and other project documentation preparation. Ensures client receives all necessary training or conducts the training him/herself. Identifies significant gaps or quality issues in transition processes and makes recommendations for improvement. Maintains a book of clients and ensure that client activity on an account is maintained once an account is opened.
- Supports complex conversion activities related to a mix of complex institutional client relationships requiring the in-depth understanding of custody and accounting processing activities. Supports and reviews control reports to effectively mitigate risks and resolve problems that arise during the conversion process.
- Marshals firm-wide resources (product, technology, marketing, compliance, teams, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed. Ensures onboarding/transition/conversion activities meet all compliance, legal and regulatory requirements. May facilitate legal negotiation or document review. May participate in UAT, on boarding and fault resolution.
- Responsible for overall success of moderately-sized or complex transitions, ensuring client satisfaction through the monitoring of project quality and efficiency and management of the direct client experience.Suggests process improvements based on post-mortem transition analysis.
- Responsible for complex, mature and/or global clients or more complex platforms; contributes to the achievement of team and area objectives.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and good experience is required.
- Collateral management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in client-facing or project management preferred.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.