The Role Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Business Architect to join our Client Coverage COO team (part of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking).
Candidate will be responsible for designing optimal business architecture, solutions & operating models, ensuring alignment with business strategy & objectives and regulatory requirements, across the Client Coverage domain, including; Customer Relationship Management (Marketing, Sales & Service), Client Lifecycle Management (Onboarding/ Maintenance & Offboarding), Credit (Origination, Decisioning, Activation & Monitoring), Document & Contract Management. The role will;
Detailed areas of scope Business
- D rive strategic visions & solution design for a range of complex transformation initiatives, through collaboration with Chief Product Owners, Technology & Architecture
- I dentify, define and syndicate opportunities to simplify our e2e operating model, enabling increased productivity and client experience
- Apply a structured visual approach to facilitate socialisation, alignment and agreement of designs throughout the organisation; across Business, Operations, Technology & 2 nd Line
- Apply industry knowledge, best practice, and trends to drive optimal designs
- Build and leverage effective relationships across Data, Solution and Enterprise architecture
- Leverage experience of delivering large scale digital transformations within financial services, ensuring a client centric and data-driven operating model
- Develop and leverage strong relationships, throughout the organisation both horizontally and vertically, including C-suite engagement
- Support the logical prioritisation and sequencing of critical transformational initiatives
- Deliver and maintain organisation, operational and architectural designs for the CC organisation
- Provide thought leadership and ownership of overarching design decisioning within CC, or pan-CCIB
- Support the creation and validation of Investment/ Business Cases, including benefit definition, costings and dependency definition
- Business Architects are responsible for the continuous development and the support the maintenance of cross-Hive operating models and its socialisation across Client Coverage, ensuring maximum efficiency on Hive and project priorities, minimising waste and sharing best practices & insights
- Business Architects are responsible for supporting the overarching cross-Hive roadmap, facilitating decisioning and defining design principles where needed
- Utilises thought leadership and experience across a variety of Client Lifecycle topics to steer, influence and support the business strategy and realisation of critical business objectives
- Takes responsibility in specific domains for Operating Model design and realisation across the Client Lifecycle, including Client Servicing and Outreach
- Advocates a culture of continuous self-improvement, agile execution, and collaboration across Client Coverage and the wider CCIB network & its business partners
- Works with the Business, Operations and IT (incl. Product Owners, Global Process Owners, Policy teams) and others in understanding current state issues, mapping these to business led solutions and business advantages where possible
- Ensures change initiatives within Client Coverage are aligned to those of CCIB as a whole, ensuring synergies, and efficiency and effectiveness of overall delivery is maximised
People and Talent
- Ensuring technology capability maximises automation and digitisation of processes
- Drives the business architectural design across core processes within CC and ancillary domains, including the responsibility of continuous improvement utilising industry standards and agile delivery methods & ways of working
- Be knowledgeable and remain up to date about industry solutions and evolution of offerings that SCB can leverage
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Advocate a high-performance culture, with a broad representation of backgrounds, domain expertise, skills and capabilities fitting within the CC domain and SCB business as a whole
- Support the Business Architecture team and Management in cascading strategic objectives to delivery teams
- Responsible for continuous (self-)development and performing ongoing industry research
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Client Coverage MT, Change & Transformation MT, Client Coverage Hive architects, Client Coverage system owners, T&I architects, DCDA leadership, Client Coverage process & governance team, Policy and Regulatory implementation, CCIB COO, Client Segment Heads and delegates, FM COO, TB COO, Lending COO, CSO
Our Business Architects drive the end-to-end orchestration of overarching operating model decisioning, including underlying capabilities and business services with Client Coverage. Candidate is detail oriented, but also able to keep a macro view across Hives (SCBs core Agile organisational constructs) to ensure optimal collaboration and delivery of strategic objectives. You function as a 'servant leader', supporting key design deliverables and the socialisation and alignment of these throughout the organisation, across Business, Operations and IT.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ Years' experience within a Business Architecture or Management Consulting design capacity
- 10+ Years Financial Services experience - ideally within Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking domain (directly or a Management Consultant)
- Proven ability to drive business architecture design in a wholesale bank with a similar footprint and complexity to Standard Chartered
- Expert understanding of the end-to-end Client Lifecyle covering Customer Relationship Management (Marketing, Sales & Service), Client Lifecycle Management (Onboarding/ Maintenance & Offboarding), Credit (Origination, Decisioning, Activation & Monitoring), Document & Contract Management, Channels
- Expert ability to define end-to-end business architectural solutions across complex organisations and subject domains
- Extensive experience of driving digital transformations within financial services, ensuring a client centric and data-driven operating model
- Strong understanding of wholesale banking products (including; Financial Markets, Cash, Trade)
- Strong understanding of Commercial and Institutional Banking trends and best practices across different regions, including challenges, client needs, obstacles and opportunities across financial services
- Strong ability to explain functional concepts to senior stakeholders - understanding of strategic dependencies, ability to translate strategy into action, and experienced with senior governance structures
- Natural networker with outstanding presentation and analytical skills
- Agile (Foundation or higher)
- LSS (Greenbelt or higher)
- Design Thinking
- DevOps fundamentals
- ISEB Business Analysis (or equivalent) and/or Project and Programme Management
- Relevant Change and Stakeholder Management qualifications
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Knowledge of and understanding of investment and corporate banking products
- Knowledge of an enterprise's business structure, including processes and information related to business services; ability to design a blueprint for the architecture and align it with organizational strategic objectives.
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Understanding and insight into evaluating current product quality and production methods and ability to maintains focus on the continuous improvement of processes, products and services.
- Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers