Requisition ID 33936
Office Country United Kingdom
Office City London
Division Policy and Partnerships
Contract Type Fixed Term
Contract Length 2 years
Posting End Date 03/10/2023 Purpose of Job
The Officer will be working across two teams in Impact & Partnerships - the Ukraine Hub and the Team on Strategy, Policy, Analysis & Coms in Donor Partnerships (DP). The Officer is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Associate Director, Ukraine Hub, the AD, Deputy Director, DP and Team members of both teams, as well as undertaking tasks related to the administrative responsibilities of the team. The role might also entail liaising and working closely with Officers in other Teams across DP, Impact &Partnerships and VP3. The role will also include administrative and logistical support for internal and external communications and events such as Annual Donor Meeting and correspondence with the Board. Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications Qualifications
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the two teams, including for meeting room bookings, travel bookings and timely expense claims submission, monitoring and control, in collaboration with the Budget Officer.
- Ensure deadlines across the wider department are kept and managed effectively.
- Prepare and review formal correspondence to ensure consistency in document control for external correspondence and reporting to external stakeholders or clients.
- Provide logistical support for external meetings including the Annual Donor Meeting and Ukraine support-related coordination platforms. This includes all forms of logistical support to ensure the smooth and professional running of all meetings.
- Provide support for consultant contracts as required. This includes the preparation of documents, ensuring consistency of approach, and support for budgetary monitoring and invoice payments and control.
- Provide support in submitting documents to various committees including drafting cover sheets, ensuring their accuracy and timely submissions.
- Provide support in keeping teams' business planners up to date.
- Other ad hoc administrative and logistical support.
- Relevant secretarial, administrative support and business experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English language with an ability to edit English language text written by non-native speakers.
- Knowledge of another language of EBRD countries of operation would be useful but is not essential.
- A positive, proactive, flexible, and can-do attitude, approach and team ethic.
- Proven experience at working at a senior secretarial/administrative level within a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural team in an international organisation.
- Excellent organisational and effective planning skills, ability to prioritise and independently co-ordinate workload to comply with deadlines.
- Reliable and flexible, able to anticipate needs/issues, drawing on a high degree of initiative and judgment in reliably executing or coordinating a range of tasks independently, involving input from multiple colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ability to create new and better ways to organise work processes.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
- Proficient in Microsoft office 365 applications particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization tools is a plus.
- SAP skills an advantage
- Knowledge of the following EBRD used systems desirable or able to acquire quickly through training - Reed & Mackay travel booking system, Project Link, Live-link, Client Dynamics, Monarch, and Pegasus.
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time. Job Segment:
Document Control, Sustainability, Administrative Assistant, Bank, Banking, Administrative, Energy, Finance