Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Clearing Sales Associate
. Principal Responsibilities
Partner with DCS Management team to assist with development and execution of client engagement and sales strategy.
Incumbent will assume responsibility for allocated client relationships to develop existing business and identify future revenue growth opportunities within Derivatives Clearing Services and wider MSS Platform Solutions.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Identify new client opportunities assuming responsibility for development of appropriate business plans and progress-tracking. Will be performed in partnership with Head of Clearing Sales aligned to DCS Strategy Plan
- Expected to develop in-depth technical knowledge across Exchange Traded and Cleared OTC Derivatives transaction lifecycle translating to productive to discussions with external clients and to internal stakeholders
- Develop deep knowledge of existing and target client base including identifying themes and opportunities for to differentiate HSBC
- Develop client profiles including key contacts, strength of existing relationships and identify key areas for development and growth
- Utilise existing HSBC CRM tools with respect to all client engagement. Assume responsibility for production of client pipeline tracking and reporting and DCS / Platforms Management updates
- Network across HSBC including but not limited to DCS / Platforms / MSS Product Sales and ICG / FIG Coverage groups to promote product and services and identify new client opportunities
- Manage allocated existing client relationships developing product coverage and revenue growth
Additional Duties Include:
- In partnership with DCS Prime Portfolio Management Team develop knowledge of key cost and capital constraints such as RWA and Leverage Ratio Exposures
- Develop regular reporting to track returns on RWA and Leverage Exposures
- Develop external relationships with regional CCPs and Exchanges: seek opportunities to collaborate re new product development and client engagement
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent work-related experience
- Solid work ethic, a motivated self-starter needing little direction, with a strong focus on customer service
- Ability to connect with key stakeholders at various levels
- Attention to details and strong follow-through
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.