The Role Responsibilities Credit Analysis
- Analysing financial statements and performing in-depth quality credit research and detailed analysis.
- Evaluate risks based on analysis of financial data and thorough understanding of client's industry, business cycles, industry environment, environmental & social risks, Fraud Risk Analysis, Climate Risk Analysis where applicable and other relevant factors using tools such as Scorecard, Forecast analysis, Environment and Social Risk, Reputational Risk assessment, RWA calculator etc.
- Preparing credit applications for Group accounts ( including Group Mandates and Credit Applications) for onward submission to Credit team, for new deals, refinancing and ongoing annual reviews. Responding to Credit team queries on the proposals submitted.
- Evaluation and understanding of risks associated with individual transactions, products and borrowers and their activities.
- Attend customer meetings, analysts briefings and interact with appropriate people within the customers' organisation when required to achieve a clear understanding of risks and to ensure familiarity with customer business.
- Appropriate risk grading and risk tracking of the clients in keeping with the guidelines of the bank.
- Structuring credit solutions for the clients in conjunction with the Sales/Product team and ensuring the appropriateness of the products sold.
- Liaise with legal / external counsel / Internal documentation and Limit set up teams on credit related items for various banking facilities provided to clients.
- Ensuring compliance with all facility terms and conditions.
- Monitor receipt of financial information for annual reviews and also on an ongoing basis (half yearly financials, newspaper/analyst reports).
- Monitor financial reporting covenants, risk triggers, non-credit conditions and external credit grading.
- Monitor credit quality by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration.
- Evaluation of security including evaluation of parent support policies.
- Monitor news/ articles/ announcements, which will impact customer's credit quality.
- Conducting stress case scenarios for specific sectors/or any specific clients based on various scenarios.
- Monitoring of clients placed on Early Alert if any. Providing timely updates to Credit teams.
- Proactive participation in account planning sessions along with the Global Account Managers.
- Proactively assist Global Account Managers in preparation of credit related call reports and briefing notes and undertake research.
- In partnership with the RM to prepare the deal clearance memo, obtain the necessary pre approvals (eg: negative ER / segmentation, new relationship) and liaise with Credit for work-shopping.
- Liaise with Global Relationship / Local relationship Managers for credit matters.
- Review of FAM accounts (for GAMs) and liaising with credit on any credit issues.
- Build profile with client via frequent interaction and contact (e.g.: client calls, visits and events)
- Ensure compliance with Banks' policies and procedures to ensure that any breaches are authorised at the correct approval level.
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within the stated timeframe.
- Prepare for internal audit reviews, compliance monitoring reviews and/or external regulatory examinations including stress tests.
- Liaise with peers to assist and share best practices.
- To be environmentally friendly and embrace such practices to ensure compliance with the Bank's Social and Environment objectives.
- To participate and be actively involved in relevant bank initiatives and activities.
- To provide insightful, relevant, succinct and timely (see below) credit analysis of a portfolio of SCB's clients (current or prospective), across Corporate and Financial Institutions
- To partner the team's two key stakeholder communities, Client Coverage and Risk, supporting the former in developing and executing their client strategies and both in respect of credit analysis-relevant matters.
People & Talent
- Provide focused, timely, and value-added ongoing credit assessment and analysis and reports, with proactive monitoring of client portfolio for adverse or positive developments, based on country, economic or industry events
- Support CA Team Head and others in the team on ad hoc projects, strategic initiatives and exercises aimed at improving or enhancing the team's activities
- Continually strive to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others across the team
- Support other team members by sharing workload, as required.
- Conducting Risk Management as described under Credit Monitoring section above
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintaining integrity in analysis at all times is critical. This includes frequent and iterative discussion with both Client Coverage and Risk around draft analysis, key sector / geographic trends, as well as discussion of covenants, risk triggers and the like. Identifying and alerting stakeholders of emerging risk aspects on a continuous basis.
Key stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Australia CCIB team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Account Managers/ Relationship Mangers for designated portfolio
- Client Manager for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio.
- Credit Risk Teams ( SCM/SCO and CCO).
- Key functional partners ie IMO, LDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade etc), Finance
- Head of CA Team
- Segment Leadership team
- CTMU, where relevant
Our Ideal Candidate
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 3+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment.
- CFA/ CA or CPA qualifications preferred.
- Credit Analyst experience in either Corporate/ Financial Institutional segment.
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Credit Analyst role
- The diverse nature of the role requires the following;
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of how to interpret financial statements and ratio analysis
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of lending, credit risk analysis and loans administration
- Sound understanding of the Banks' policies, operating procedures, local underwriting standards and product programs.
- Ability to engage with Relationship Managers and Clients alike and also work in partnership with stakeholders to "get things done'.
- Appreciation of Banking Law and general understanding of Australian Company Law
- Prompt decision making
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Good PC skills
About Standard Chartered
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Industry Knowledge
- Credit Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Business - Products and Processes
- Business - Strategy and Business Model
- Sales - Relationship Management
- Information Systems - Applications & PC Skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers