About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining core infrastructure automation components using software engineering principles and methodology.
• Develop automation for different infrastructure technologies and services (Network, Storage, Middleware etc.) using Northern's approved automation tools and technologies.
• Writing components that integrate with different Infrastructure components that constitute Northern's private and public cloud implementations using the interfaces exposed by those components (REST, Python etc.)
• The ideal candidate would have excellent software development skills and DevOps or automation experience within a medium to large enterprise environment.
• This is a fast-paced team, and the successful candidate must be able to act with a sense of urgency and be able to adapt to changing priorities. Qualified candidates must possess strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, good technical abilities, and a can-do attitude.
• Should be able to work effectively in onshore-offshore model using Agile software development methodologies.
Experience & Qualifications
Candidate must have
• 2-3+ years of Total and Automation development experience using Ansible as the automation tool
• 1+ years of experience in using and configuring an orchestration tool like Ansible Tower (preferably AWX)
• 2+ years of experience Shell Scripting (BASH) and Python scripting on RedHat Linux 6 and above.
• Experience in automating and managing infrastructure components using Ansible.
• Experience with Middleware Technologies (Weblogic, Tomcat Application server)
• Experience in implementing automated solutions for disaster recovery of web application stack.
• Familiarity with VMWare based cloud implementation using different VMWare products (vSphere, vRO, vCO etc.)
• Familiarity with development tools, e.g., JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo, Maven.
• Familiarity with containerization concepts, Docker a plus
• Familiarity with Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, SOAP, and JSON.
• Familiarity with REST API integration
• Familiarity with IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) or PaaS (Platform as a Service)
• Experience installing and administering applications in Unix, Linux, and Windows environments including debugging and command line
• Strong experience with Java development
• ITSM process experience utilizing ticketing tools like Remedy or Service-Now