About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of who offer a first class service to a large PE client and work as a close team to ensure deliverables are met. The Private Equity Accounting team manages the corporate trust function for all private equity investment funds. The Senior Analyst maintains and reconciles accounting records and prepares standard financial statements. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees. May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role) The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain and reconcile accounting records
- Prepare financial statements ensuring conformity to professional and regulatory requirements
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Good working knowledge of the industry
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Knowledge and understanding of working within a regulatory Environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Be able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.