At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Investment Advisors (IA) are investment specialists within the front office team. The primary role of the IA is to formulate investment strategies and work with Relationship Managers in managing client portfolios. Based out of Singapore, this role will be supporting the Japan desk.
- Provide premium investment advisory to Private Banking clients and formulate investment strategies that align with client's target strategic assets allocation to meet investment objectives and risk profile.
- Communicate on house views to the respective marketing teams and work with product specialist for specific support and training
- Partner Relationship Managers on client meetings to articulate investment ideas, investment concepts, create investment proposals and conduct portfolio reviews.
- Participate in product idea generation and solutions by :
- keeping abreast of products in the market
- proposing new product ideas
- promoting ideas approved and endorsed by the Product Council where applicable
- developing, monitoring and following up on new trading ideas related to cash equities, bonds, FX as well as structured products under ELNs, KODAs/DEKODAs, equity options, range accrual notes
- Ensure adherence to internal and external regulations and policies at all times
- Bachelor Degree in the fields of either Finance, Business, Economics or Banking
- At least 8 years in financial industry in an investment advisory position
- Preferably CFA and CACS certified
- Strong knowledge of products across asset classes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Possess future oriented mindset, strive to innovate and adapt to changes
- Strong understanding of inter-dependencies within the team and able to collaborate effectively across departments
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and remain empathetic, passionate and resilient
- Proficiency in Japanese is required as this role supports Japanese clients