Portfolio Strategy and Risk Group Position:
Contract Role (12 Months), ESG Investment Management (ESG Integration) Reporting:
Director, ESG Investment Management The Team
Temasek is an investment company with a net portfolio value of S$382B as at 31 March 2023. Its three roles as an Investor, Institution and Steward, as defined in the Temasek Charter, shape Temasek's ethos to do well, do right and do good. Temasek actively seeks sustainable solutions to address present and future challenges, through investment and other opportunities that help to bring about a better, smarter and more sustainable world. For more information on Temasek, please visit www.temasek.com.sg.
ESG Investment Management (ESG IM) is part of the Portfolio Strategy & Risk Group (PSRG) which provides guidance on our strategic direction and portfolio objectives. ESG IM partners closely with teams across the Investment Group (IG) and the broader institution, to advance ESG as a core engine across Temasek's global investments and to drive sustainable outcomes that go hand in hand with financial returns. In addition to deepening and expanding ESG integration to both manage risks and drive value creation across the portfolio, the ESG IM team supports portfolio transition to meet Temasek's climate goals and expanding sustainability investments. Role and Responsibilities
ESG Investment Management is looking to add a member to the team for a 12 months contract role basis (SA/AVP level) to augment the team's capabilities and strengths. The candidate will be part of the team responsible for ESG integration in the firm, thus providing support in the evaluation of ESG and sustainability issues for new investment opportunities, participating in ESG engagements with portfolio companies and contributing to the broadening and deepening of the thematic and market expertise in our approach.
- Conduct ESG related research and analysis as well as provide guidance to deals teams in the evaluation of new investment opportunities
- Support post-investment monitoring engagement with portfolio companies as part of broader sustainability engagements
- Lead the research and delivery of thematic reports and tools on cross-cutting issues and megatrends impacting investment decisions and portfolio management
- Prepare internal and external updates related to institutional ESG activities and broader trends
- Assist various projects related to institutional climate and social-related goals and integration
- Contribute to a broad range of institutional initiatives
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Sustainability or Environmental Management
- At least three years of experience in the areas of ESG integration, sustainability and/or evaluation and management of investments
- Experience in ESG due diligence, company engagement, and performance measurement is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess materially relevant issues and E&S impacts in the evaluation of new investment opportunities
- Prior experience or expertise in equity and/or fund investments is a plus
- Ability to produce high quality outputs in a timely manner leveraging on strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders in global locations
- Strong team orientation, adaptability, and ability to work across geographies and teams - including work hours that can extend across global time zones
- Strong work ethic, ability to demonstrate initiative, ownership, and the management of multiple priorities
- Flexible, adaptable, agile with ability to multi-task
As an active global investor, and a forward looking institution, Temasek hires and develops its people consistent with our MERITT values of Meritocracy, Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Trust. We believe there is not only value in diversity, but the cross fertilisation of experiences and ideas across geographies, and the ability to connect the diverse dots, has become one of our key strengths which we can build on as we continue to transform and evolve, and aim for a new Temasek 2030. Applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged.