Degroof Petercam Asset Management (DPAM) is an independent active asset management firm part of a family-owned group with its origins in 1871. DPAM is a sustainable investor, pioneer and innovative in responsible and sustainable investing. DPAM has a strong focus on research with a proprietary in-house fundamental and quantitative analyst team, supporting the firm’s asset management activities. DPAM manages investment funds as well as discretionary mandates on behalf of institutional clients, for a total amount of about € 36 billion, as of end of June 2019. To support the strong growth of Degroof Petercam Asset Management, we are looking for a Buy Side Equity Analyst.
DPAM’s fundamental equity franchise aims to consistently beat the market through high conviction stock picking. Based on a holistic approach that includes both bottom-up and top-down analysis, the team believes it can exploit long- and short-term market inefficiencies. In this process, PMs can rely on the input of DPAM’s buy side research team, DPAM’s macro-economic team, interactions with other fund managers, sell-side analysts, and company contacts.
As a valued member of our buy-side equity research team, you will play a crucial role in conducting strategic, fundamental, and financial analysis of publicly listed companies (US Technology, Industrials, or Materials). Your responsibilities will include:
- In-depth sector expertise, focusing on US Technology, Industrials, or Materials.
- Integration of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) considerations into financial analysis.
- Presenting investment ideas to fund managers and other stakeholders.
- Active involvement in generating investment ideas for our various funds.
Ideally, we are looking for a colleague with the following profile:
- Preferably some experience in the financial service industry (at least 2 years).
- Relevant sector knowledge in either Technology, Industrials, or Materials.
- Experience with the US market is a definite advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A genuine passion for financial markets, strategic analysis, and global events.
- The ability to assimilate a large amount of information and translate it into clear investment ideas.
- A high degree of independence in their work.
- Solid academic credentials. Although a master’s degree in Economics or Finance is preferred, we welcome candidates with non-financial degrees.
- Willingness to become a CFA charter holder (mandatory for candidates with non-financial degrees)
- Availability for occasional travel (minimum 10% of the time).
- Strong communication skills, including fluency in English.
What we offer:
- A very diverse job within an intellectually challenging and international environment at the top Belgian asset management player.
- Opportunities to develop and refine your unique investment style over time.
- Intellectual freedom. Analysts are guided, trained, and helped intensively, but are not told what to do.
- Travel opportunities to meet with companies and management teams.
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.