Group Planning supports the Bank in the origination and execution of key strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, investments and joint ventures, divestments, capital management and other ad-hoc strategic initiatives, to maximize the Bank's financial and competitive position.
The Group Planning team supports the CEO, the Group Head of Strategy & Planning and the senior management team to develop and frame the overall strategy for the Group. In addition, Group Planning supports the implementation of the Group's strategic agenda, including working with the different businesses and functions across geographies to develop new strategies. The team works with the various units and/or countries to review the business plans against targets, and drive strategic initiatives. Job Purpose:
This role focuses on Strategic Planning within DBS:
- You will be involved in developing and framing the overall strategy for the Group.
- You will be integral towards implementing the Group's strategic agenda across all business and support units; and across geographies to drive scorecard strategic initiatives.
- You will be integral in crafting internal and external engagements and messages to communicate the top of the house view to a variety of audiences.
- You will provide analytical / strategic thinking and leadership support for studying business issues using a range of tools such as market research, scenario planning, financial modelling, etc.
- You will need to have your finger on the pulse on macro trends and assessing the impact and implications for the bank and the industry, and to formulate strategies to chart the bank's growth.
Working with Group Management Committee to meet their KPIs:
- We lead the performance management processes, design and track scorecards with all BUs/SUs/Countries.
- We work with all BUs/SUs/Countries to align their achievements to their respective Unit scorecards, as well as the wider Group Scorecard.
- We serve as the Secretariat of the Group Executive Committee and the Group Management Committee.
Maintaining a focus on our strategic objectives and aligning top of the house thinking:
- We plan and drive the agenda for Group Leadership Conferences, Group Management Committee and Board Offsites: includes story boarding with senior management, curation of content with presenting parties, working with BUs/SUs/Countries on follow up actions.
- We also craft Group CEO presentation decks for DBS Board Meetings, Results Briefings, amongst other forums.
Building DBS' brand:
- We are involved in the crafting and researching on external engagements to showcase our brand and culture is also a key function.
- We are also involved in the writing of the annual report, demonstrating how execution of strategy leads to value creation.
- We are looking for a dynamic and resilient team player, who has a passion for reading and writing, and understands the impact of macro-economics, government policies and regulations on business drivers and growth.
- Candidate should be meticulous, have good time management skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Ability to thrives under pressure, relish challenges, adapt well to changing circumstances and environment and possess an innate sense of ownership is critical.
- As part of the strategy team, you will need to be analytical with an ability to identify trends (e.g. political, social, financial market, job/employment, economic growth) and evaluate implications on current business strategy and help develop a response. A strong background in strategy consulting or strategy unit would be an advantage.
- As part of the strategy team, you will help to craft cogent presentation decks and messages to a range of internal and external audiences and connect the dots across the bank's business and activities, the macro-economic and socio-political environment, as well as the financial services landscape.
- Good understanding of bank's financial statements and experience in financial modelling would be an advantage
- Strong team-player with effective listening, communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.