Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Reconciliations - Intermediate Representative to join our Middle Office Reconciliations team. This role is located in Manchester, United Kingdom.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Produce cash, asset reconciliations for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate reconciliation standards.
- Core work includes reconciling accounting and custody positional & transactional movements using internal systems, collation of supporting documentation.
- Produce custom reconciliation reports in line with internal procedures and client expectations prior to daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Investigating, matching, and casing exceptions, generated via an online application, via internal and external systems and reports.
- Review and understand both internal and external transaction reports to aid in reconciliation and exception management of client accounts.
- Be aware of the risks of team operations and deliverables and ensure required controls maintained and procedures complied with.
- Timely escalation of issues to Senior Representatives.
- Provide training and guidance (where appropriate) to less experienced co-workers.
- Other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Attention to Detail.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick to develop new skills and a pro-active approach to learning and training.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Ability to quickly address issues - strong decision making
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel.
- Excellent technical and numerical skills, with accurate data manipulation, analysis & checking of work.
- Ability to work in office & at home in hybrid working arrangement.
- Experience in financial services is preferred.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.