Why this role is important to us
This Officer position will support the UK MLRO/EMEA Head of AML Compliance in the discharge of regulatory responsibilities and the execution of the Bank's AML program across UK/EMEA. This role with also ensure, monitor and assess the control and monitoring and surveillance oversight program. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring and Surveillance Team, Officer you will
What we value
- Assist with the development and integration of the EMEA regional methodology and testing plan for relevant financial crime risks. Ensure Risk Assessment findings for EMEA (and local jurisdictions) informs applicable RAS and drive remediation / mitigation plans by the BU
- Oversee and augment FLOD AML quality assurance testing and CRMT risk response activities to ensure they meet local regulatory requirements
- Assist with the design and execute a programme of thematic reviews on AML and financial crime controls arising from risk assessments and other self-identified issues
- Conduct the M&S across specific Business Units in line with requirements
- Contribute to the development of the FCC monitoring strategy, methodology, framework, standards for conducting AML M&S control reviews and for reporting results
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a risk-based FCC monitoring and testing program to assess implementation of effective FCC risk management practices and controls by the first line of defence and also assess other areas of State Street Corporation as required
- Communicate with Business Units to understand business processes, possible gaps, and potential AML compliance shortfalls
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven ability to work independently in a high volume environment
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Able to exercise consistent judgment and present findings in clear, cogent, concisely written documents.
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication.
- Proactive, adaptable and self-motivated.
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Excellent Word/ Excel / Power Point skills
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in multiple jurisdictions
- Degree educated or
- 2 + years of related experience working in financial services - Know Your Customer and Corporate Compliance.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- Gold medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers